Re: MSO and MfG

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 1999
      In message <37CC242C.1854@...>, John and Denny Colledge
      <dunorroch@...> writes
      >From: John and Denny Colledge <dunorroch@...>
      >

      >I see John H. has returned. Hope you had a good holiday John. No doubt
      >you would see me mention that I had sent some leaflets to a couple of
      >games shops? Well, in view of the lack of MfGs I decided against sending
      >out the 1,000 to Cardiff Games just yet. The last thing we needed was a
      >pile of folk writing in and not getting the goodies we promised or
      >having to wait a while before they received them. I have however sent a
      >few to Eurika Mind Games of Market Rasen. I'm not convinced that we are
      >quite what they are looking for and they certainly are not what I
      >expected, however, anyone who says "Beware the siren voices intimating
      >the demise of print, the printed word is important", can't be all bad
      >from The Postal Games Hobby's point of view. As it is, we now have more
      >than a 1,000 leaflets out there being distributed. Perhaps you could let
      >me know when MfG is ready John and I will start writing again. I will be
      >away for a fortnight beginning 11th Sept so hopefully things can get
      >back into some sort of order by then? While on the subject of MfG, is
      >there anything any of us can do to help you with it? I noticed that
      >there were a number of e-mail addresses missing when I was taking
      >details for sending out the last letter to everyone and you may not have
      >heard that Rhubarb Rhubarb has folded. The Hawkers appear to have some
      >connection with Cardiff Games by the way. When MfG is ready, your first
      >contacts should be our small furry friends at Chart, and Carl Bown, as
      >they were good enough to offer to distribute our leaflets months ago.

      Yes, I am back and the holiday was fine thanks. I'm now trying to catch
      up on the backlog of work and Fiendish Games orders plus a couple of
      Zine Bank enquiries so forgive me if I don't respond too fully to your
      recent communications (I got the flyers, thanks, and will write in a
      week or so).

      The last MfG was done in a bit of a rush to meet the PBM con deadline
      and much of the information on editors was rehashed from the November
      1998 issue. It is interesting to note that from November 1998 to now
      the percentage of editors with e-mail has gone up from about 25% to
      99.9%.

      I'm currently reprinting the April 99 Mission From God on a photocopier
      on a when needed basis as I intend to do a new issue soon. How soon?
      Well, towards the end of September I hope with a view to getting one
      published in October. Anyone wanting to send me reviews of zines they
      see is welcome to do so, of course, and will receive a free copy of
      Mission From God for their troubles.

    • Sian Reeves
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
        From: Tony Reeves

        I called in to Cardiff Games yesterday to try and buy Lost Cities. I had heard of the Hawker connection (ashamed to say I never got around to subscribing) and it turns out that the proprietor is Hazel's brother. he was more than willing to put a copy of John's Introduction to Postal Gaming on the notice board and was enthusiastic to help the pbm Hobby. He is developing a Games Room downstairs and has a very decent stock of boardgames.

        The Compendium of Postal Games is developing steadily (although I gather that Part 1 failed to make the journey through cyber space intact in a number of instances - can anyone confirm that it DID arrive okay?) and I have typed in the details of about 100 games for part 2. I would be delighted to receive reviews on GAMES in much the same way that John H. collates reviews on ZINES. The wider the range of conributions the better.
        I am really at sea as far as a good number of games go insofar as I haven't played them (or even heard og them in some instances). I will compile a list of these with my next plea for help - coming your way soon.
        In order to keep my information up to date I would be grateful for any information on folds,
        of the recent batch I know of Fungus, Winter Retreat, SNOT and Rhubarb Rhubarb. Are there any more?

        Watch this space for news of BreCon 2000.

        Tony Reeves

        ----------
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
          >I called in to Cardiff Games yesterday to try and buy Lost Cities. I had
          heard of the Hawker connection (ashamed to say I never got >around to
          subscribing) and it turns out that the proprietor is Hazel's brother. he
          was more than willing to put a copy of Joh!
          >n's Introduction to Postal Gaming on the notice board and was enthusiastic
          to help the pbm Hobby. He is developing a Games >Room downstairs and has a
          very decent stock of boardgames.

          Hazel's brother (Sam Emmett) used to play in my zines Back to the Dark Ages
          & Shadowplay. In fact he was going to write the rules for postal
          sheep-shagging, not sure if he ever did. It was I that introduced him,
          Hazel & Jeff to the hobby about 14 years ago!

          ATB - Ryk