Sealed Knot and Mark Stretch

  • John and Denny Colledge
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23 2:37 PM
      Not that there is any connection, but.......!

      It transpires that it was actually Allan Gordon's son who was interested
      in a varient about the Civil War so if Stephen could send Allan a copy
      of the rules to 3, Forest Avenue, Chingford, E4 6AR he will pass it on.

      Following on from that, Allan says his son runs some sort of hobby zine
      for his particular section of the Sealed Knot and he is quite happy to
      distribute leaflets with it for us. He also feels that other sections
      would be prepared to do the same. From what Allan says, there are
      somewhere in the region of 2,000 people within the Sealed Knot so it
      could end up being quite fertile ground for potential Diplomacy players,
      and who knows, other games as well.

      Now, I know Stephen isn't too happy about the idea of Diplomacy being
      reduced to the level of just an other game within the hobby, so, might
      this be an opportunity to do something that is more Diplomacy
      orientated? I would be quite happy to do this myself but not right now,
      as TBNS is due soon, then we will be on holiday for a couple of weeks.
      Alternatively, if someone would like to do something themselves, do
      please step forward and volenteer. Don't panic! We won't bight!

      Mark Stretch has sent several e-mails about the MGO at the weekend. The
      Diplomacy appears to have been a bit of a shambles thanks to some ropey
      organisation, however, the feedback from the players has been quite
      positive, and that's the main thing. It will take a bit of time to
      organise a coherent message for you, but I will try to get it sorted for
      tomorrow if someone else hasn't already passed on the information. He,
      and I guess Chris as well, appear to have been handing out leaflets left
      right and centre and for some reason he has taken a number of addresses
      as well. All will be revealed tomorrow, I hope!

      Mark has also suggested that he will be happy to distribute some more
      leaflets via Bridge clubs etc. but we should probably stick to the games
      shops for the moment. I know Mark is keen to help, but if John H. ends
      up being bombarded with requests for zines, MfGs and Introductions, the
      poor guy won't thank us. Quite apart from anything else, I think John
      was aiming to do a reprint of MFG, wasn't he, as he had run out?

      Not much else to say at present so "Good Night All!"