Re: One or two successes

  • Danny Collman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 1999
      >Sounds like bad news for both us and Gibsons. Perhapsd things will
      >change if and when Hasbro take over UK distribution. They'll be
      >releasing a (presumably) high profile computer version of the game and
      >we MUST be ready to ride the coat-tails of that.
      >
      >We must also try to get the flyers into the Hasbro copies of Diplomacy
      >if Gibsons lose the licence.

      Gibson's have not had any inkling of any such suggestion in the last
      month or so, but I would agree with the basic premise.

      >>To answer your question: I would very definitely like to see copies of
      >>your Starter Pack, and equally definitely I will be at ManorCon - Kath
      >>is running it
      >

      >Doh!

      Perhaps I should have expressed this a little more diplomatically: the
      amount of work that she is putting into the Con, it certainly feels to
      me that she is running it. Iain Bowen's input has also been major.

      >I've printed 100 copies of the Introduction to Postal Gaming document
      >and distributed about 20 so far. The sooner we can distribute the
      >remaining 80, the sooner we can do a better version 2 - one big defect
      >of the current document is that it does not emphasise the value for
      >money the hobby offers in relation to some PBM games. Which is not to
      >say that the PBM games don't offer good value at 2.50 a turn or
      >whatever, but it's hard to beat 50 games a month for just over a quid
      >(For Whom The Die Rolls to name but one).

      I'm intrigued by this argument. If we're talking about people moving
      from the professional scene, then value for money may well be relevant,
      but for people who have never before of or conceived of the idea of
      playing board games by post, I don't think value for money will be even
      *on* their list of priorities, let alone a major one.
      --
      Danny Collman