New postage rules

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 4:38 PM
      See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5233996.stm

      Any comments? Might save zine eds a few quid...?

    • hbishop@tiscali.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 11:46 PM
        As long as you aren't more than 5mm thick!

        See .... size is important after all.

        Howard

        Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 3:17 PM
          I visited the Post Office this morning and took a copy of Variable Pig (last
          issue 56pp in envelope) with me. It did fit through the 5mm slot on the
          plastic testing doohickey but only if I squished it first. I took home a
          leaflet and it doesn't say if the 5mm limit is applied to a letter's
          squished or unsquished thickness. So it looks like I will have to pay the
          "large letter" rate unless perhaps I can get a girl with a huge arse to sit
          on the zines before sending.. :-)