World Cup Game

  • shaun derrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      Box front

      HERE IT IS, AT LAST!!
      THE WORLD CUP GAME

      I know that a few of you have played my World Cup game. Now you have the chance to own a copy!!

      I am expecting the first delivery around 27/28 April, so I am offering a slightly reduced price for those who wish to get their hands on one of the first copies.

      Normal price will be £29.95 plus p&p. It will be excellent quality, printed in Germany by the same people who print the Kosmos games as well as many others German games. However...

      Special offer to anyone who orders and pays for a copy before 28 April!!

      £27.95 plus p&p (The p&p will be £6.50 Parcel post / £8.50 1st class / or let me know if you want to collect or if you want it delivered overseas) - yes it's a heavy game!! Can't give much discount as it's been damned expensive to produce!!
      It will be posted out on 02 May.

      Please make cheques payable to 'Games for the World' or to me Shaun Derrick. I can't take credit cards yet.

      Website is still under construction. Anyone know of a good website designer using open source stuff (Joomla/Mambo)? Yeah! I am struggling a bit!!

      For those of you who have no idea about the game; it is based on the 1930 and 2002 World Cup tournaments. Players control roughly equal number of teams. All matches in each stage are played simultaneously. Cards are played to score goals for your teams - or other players teams - it's all quite strategic! Or you can remove goals for infringements. It gets really exciting when you get to penalties in the KO stages of the 2002 World Cup - it's just rolling coloured dice, but the atmosphere is tense - the simplest things.....

      I intend producing expansion sets covering all the World Cup tournaments ever held. So you can get the complete compendium of World Cup games to play.

      A few images of the components:

      Part of the board:-

      Some of the cards:-

      Some of the pieces:-

      GAMES FOR THE WORLD
      PO BOX 4349
      COVENTRY
      CV1 9BS
      or
      313 Woodway Lane
      Walsgrave
      Coventry
      CV2 2AP

    • shaun derrick
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2006
        ________________________________

        Box front

        Hi all,

        First, let me apologise for sending a mass email to everyone last time. I should have Bcc's everyone instead of 'spamming' the lot of you.

        Just to let you know that my World Cup Game is now available and I can now take online CC payments through Nochex.

        See www.gamesfortheworld.co.uk

        All positive reviews so far from those who have bought and played the game. That makes me happy!!

        BTW I will be at this weekend's Beer & Pretzels in Burton on Trent just for the Sunday 14 May. So if anyone wants to try the game out and even buy one avoiding the p&p, I will see you there. If you don't know about the Beer & Pretzels weekend, then see http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/bnpdetails.php

        Regards,

        Shaun

      • shaun derrick
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2006

          Forgot to mention, I am extending the £2 discount offer, so please use the 'Quick Send' payment button (the first one on the E-shop) to enter a non-standard amount of £34.45 for one game.

          Shaun