Re: [ukpbm] Mission From God (reprise)

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11, 2006
      Printed or electronic is fine by me, so long as they are recognisably
      ziney - by which I mean, downloadable as a single entity.

      John

      --
      Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
      Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
      http://www.fbgames.co.uk
    • Rob Thomasson
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2006
        WIMM? is indeed still alive - less kicking but then David was besotted when
        he did the most recent issue ...

        Dane's Games' last list of electronic (only or also paper) zines was as
        below. Minstrel should be in there but I need to remember to tell Dane
        that.

        Rob

        "... mais n'est-ce pas la gare?"
        Editor: Steve Thomas (maisnestce*OF*aol.com).
        Frequency: monthly.
        Latest issue: #59, 18/02/06.
        Format: PDF.
        Runs: 18xx.

        "Devolution"
        Editor: Tony Robbins (tony*OF*hollowell.plus.com).
        Frequency: usually appears every 2 months.
        Latest issue: #58, 05/01/06.
        Format: Plain-text email.
        Runs: Railway Rivals, Bus Boss.

        "Diversions"
        Editor: Rip Gooch (rippingpubs*OF*yahoo.ca).
        Frequency: About every 5 weeks.
        Format: Word document.
        Runs: Railway Rivals and variants, Awful Green Things, Maneater.

        "The Blue Nose Special"
        Editor: John Colledge (dunorroch*OF*dsl.pipex.com).
        Frequency: usually appears every 5 weeks.
        Format: Word document.
        Runs: A wide variety of games.

        "To Win Just Once" (also available as a paper zine)
        Editor: Paul Evans (paul*OF*pevans.co.uk).
        Frequency: About every 5 weeks.
        Format: PDF (www.pevans.co.uk/TWJO) and HTML.
        Runs: En Garde!, Railway Rivals and Star Trader.

        "Variable Pig" (also available as a paper zine)
        Editor: Jim Reader (to subscribe, send a blank email to
        variablepig-subscribe*OF*yahoogroups.co.uk).
        Frequency: 5-6 issues per year.
        Latest issue: #101, 23/01/06.
        Format: PDF file downloadable from http://www.sholing.force9.co.uk
        Subscribers are notified of new issues by email.
        Runs: A wide variety of games.

        "Western Front"
        Editor: Brad Martin (westfront*OF*hotmail.com).
        Frequency: About every 6 weeks.
        Latest issue: #78, 06/02/06.
        Format: Word document.
        Runs: A wide variety of games.

        "Will It Lead to Trouble!?"
        Editor: Andy Mansfield (andymansfield*OF*btinternet.com).
        Frequency: Monthly.
        Format: PDF (approx 3MB).
        Runs: Diplomacy (and probably other games eventually).

        "Dane's Games"
        Editor: Dane Maslen (dane.maslen*OF*virgin.net).
        Frequency: Every 4-5 weeks.
        Format: HTML-format email.
        Runs: Outpost plus various mass-participation games (e.g. By Popular
        Demand).
        Website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/danemaslen/danesgames has back
        issues.

        --
        Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
        Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
        http://www.fbgames.co.uk

      • Peter Sullivan
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 15, 2006
          John Harrington wrote:

          >I've given up hope of getting reviews these days.

          John - please feel free to re-use any of the reviews I've done for the
          fanzine Pixel #1, now available on the web at:
          http://www.efanzines.com/CPG/
          (The editor asked me to do "some fanzine reviews" which I intepreted as
          including postal games zines as well as SF fanzines.)
          The reviews of the postal games zines aren't quite in canonical MfG
          format (no seperate list of games running & waiting lists, for example)
          but are pretty close.
          --
          Peter Sullivan <peter@...>