Re: [ukpbm] Mission From God (reprise)

  • Richard Gooch
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
      Guys ...

      Diversions is not yet dead. It awaits revival from a
      regrettably lengthy coma. I committed to an Easter restart
      some time ago, and this remains do-able.

      Rip G

      Upgrade your account today for increased storage; mail
      forwarding or POP enabled e-mail with automatic virus
      scanning. Visit our member benefits page at
      https://members.canada.com/benefits.aspx for more
      information.
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2006
        Printed or electronic is fine by me, so long as they are recognisably
        ziney - by which I mean, downloadable as a single entity.

        John

        --
        Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
        Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
        http://www.fbgames.co.uk
      • Rob Thomasson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11, 2006
          WIMM? is indeed still alive - less kicking but then David was besotted when
          he did the most recent issue ...

          Dane's Games' last list of electronic (only or also paper) zines was as
          below. Minstrel should be in there but I need to remember to tell Dane
          that.

          Rob

          "... mais n'est-ce pas la gare?"
          Editor: Steve Thomas (maisnestce*OF*aol.com).
          Frequency: monthly.
          Latest issue: #59, 18/02/06.
          Format: PDF.
          Runs: 18xx.

          "Devolution"
          Editor: Tony Robbins (tony*OF*hollowell.plus.com).
          Frequency: usually appears every 2 months.
          Latest issue: #58, 05/01/06.
          Format: Plain-text email.
          Runs: Railway Rivals, Bus Boss.

          "Diversions"
          Editor: Rip Gooch (rippingpubs*OF*yahoo.ca).
          Frequency: About every 5 weeks.
          Format: Word document.
          Runs: Railway Rivals and variants, Awful Green Things, Maneater.

          "The Blue Nose Special"
          Editor: John Colledge (dunorroch*OF*dsl.pipex.com).
          Frequency: usually appears every 5 weeks.
          Format: Word document.
          Runs: A wide variety of games.

          "To Win Just Once" (also available as a paper zine)
          Editor: Paul Evans (paul*OF*pevans.co.uk).
          Frequency: About every 5 weeks.
          Format: PDF (www.pevans.co.uk/TWJO) and HTML.
          Runs: En Garde!, Railway Rivals and Star Trader.

          "Variable Pig" (also available as a paper zine)
          Editor: Jim Reader (to subscribe, send a blank email to
          variablepig-subscribe*OF*yahoogroups.co.uk).
          Frequency: 5-6 issues per year.
          Latest issue: #101, 23/01/06.
          Format: PDF file downloadable from http://www.sholing.force9.co.uk
          Subscribers are notified of new issues by email.
          Runs: A wide variety of games.

          "Western Front"
          Editor: Brad Martin (westfront*OF*hotmail.com).
          Frequency: About every 6 weeks.
          Latest issue: #78, 06/02/06.
          Format: Word document.
          Runs: A wide variety of games.

          "Will It Lead to Trouble!?"
          Editor: Andy Mansfield (andymansfield*OF*btinternet.com).
          Frequency: Monthly.
          Format: PDF (approx 3MB).
          Runs: Diplomacy (and probably other games eventually).

          "Dane's Games"
          Editor: Dane Maslen (dane.maslen*OF*virgin.net).
          Frequency: Every 4-5 weeks.
          Format: HTML-format email.
          Runs: Outpost plus various mass-participation games (e.g. By Popular
          Demand).
          Website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/danemaslen/danesgames has back
          issues.

          --
          Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
          Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
          http://www.fbgames.co.uk

        • Peter Sullivan
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 15, 2006
            John Harrington wrote:

            >I've given up hope of getting reviews these days.

            John - please feel free to re-use any of the reviews I've done for the
            fanzine Pixel #1, now available on the web at:
            http://www.efanzines.com/CPG/
            (The editor asked me to do "some fanzine reviews" which I intepreted as
            including postal games zines as well as SF fanzines.)
            The reviews of the postal games zines aren't quite in canonical MfG
            format (no seperate list of games running & waiting lists, for example)
            but are pretty close.
            --
            Peter Sullivan <peter@...>