Re: [ukpbm] Digest Number 510

  • Jim Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      > Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 00:25:30 +0100
      > From: "Richard Smith" <richard@...>
      > Subject: 100 issues?
      >
      > Variable Pig is about to notch up its 100th issue. Does anyone know, or would care to hazard a guess at how many zines have achieved this feat?
      >
      > Richard

      In the US/North American hobby, there is one szine with over 700 issues
      (John Boardman's Graustark), four over 300 (Boast, Runestone, Hoosier
      Archives, and Dippy), soon to be joined by my Abyssinian Prince which
      is at 295, and six others over 200 (Liberterrean, Bushwacker, Costaguana,
      Fol Si Fie, Kaissa, and Cheesecake), at least by my best count. There
      are VERY many that are over 100, too many to attempt to count easily.

      Jim-Bob
    • Jim Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          Wow. Puts us Brits to shame. I would be surprised if there are more than 20 UK zines that
          have managed 100+. I can only think of Hopscotch for 200+.

          300 issues at one a month is 25 years so whilst very impressive is doable, but 700 is
          almost unbelievable!