RE: MasterCon / European Diplomacy Championship 2006

  • Shaun Derrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2005
      Registration website:
      http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/edc2006/onlineform.php

      The 2006 European Diplomacy Championship dates are now confirmed.

      Shaun and I went to see the place today and booked the venue & dates. I will update the EDC website (address above) with more details in a week or two, which will feed back to everyone who registered on the website.

      For now we have the following which is 100% confirmed:

      Dates: 3-5 March 2006 (Opens 2pm Friday 3rd, Finish Sunday 5th at 6pm)
      (you may come earlier or stay later, but this is the
      time we have the convention room booked for).

      Location: Lee Valley Youth Centre, Cheshunt.
      (Cheshunt is about 15 minutes by train half way between Stanstead Airport & London Liverpool Street station, on the main train line between these two locations. The venue is ONE MINUTE walk from the station)

      The cost will be (to be confirmed) £27.50 for the Saturday night and £20 for the Friday. The £27.50 gets bed, breakfast and evening meal. The £20 gets B&B only. Prices are not 100% confirmed because there will be new rates next year, not expected to increase too much.

      The rooms are all shared dormitories with 4-8 beds in each. There are some dorms with just two beds but these will cost a bit more. There are hotels near by, if anyone wants a higher standard of accommodation.

      There are five "lodges" and up to 25 people can stay in each (i.e., each lodge has 5 or 6 dormitories). Each lodge has it's own communal area to cook & play games all night if you want.

      The main area we will play games in will cost £520. Some of this will be recovered from the English players (£12 each) the rest (and the cost of
      trophies) will come out of my pocket, so there may be a "donations bucket" to those generous few amongst you.

      The venue has an on-site bar and several pubs near by. The town (a short
      walk) has high street shops where you can stock up on goodies etc.

      This is as close as we can get to a good airport for foreign visitors, so we expect all you foreign players to come.

      The important thing to foreign players is to BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS EARLY to get cheap deals. If you book now you may get a flight for just £5!

      Also (when more details are announced) you will need to BOOK YOUR ROOMS early too; they have 125 beds but will offer these to other visitors too.
      Rooms will need to be booked by players themselves - The website will have more details in a couple of weeks.

      Please register at the website at the top of this email to receive future updates, and tell your friends too.

      Catch you soon
      Toby