Re: [ukpbm] Digest Number 499

  • Jim Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2005
      Though I actually think Puerto Rico is the best standard board game,
      I said Diplomacy. You know there is that website where you can
      rank all your favorite games, something like top100games.com,
      and on that list Puerto Rico was #1 for awhile, but I think it is back
      in the Top 5 somewhere. Despite its name, it ranks almost 1000
      games.

      By the way, as an American, I had to answer some of the questions with
      a bit of translation. But it should add to the Diversity of their survey.

      Jim-Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2005
        On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:55:57 -0500, Jim Burgess <jfburgess@...> wrote:

        > Though I actually think Puerto Rico is the best standard board game,
        > I said Diplomacy. You know there is that website where you can
        > rank all your favorite games, something like top100games.com,
        > and on that list Puerto Rico was #1 for awhile, but I think it is back
        > in the Top 5 somewhere. Despite its name, it ranks almost 1000
        > games.
        >
        > By the way, as an American, I had to answer some of the questions with
        > a bit of translation. But it should add to the Diversity of their survey.

        The web site is http://scv.bu.edu/~aarondf/Top100/, unless there is
        another top 100 games site around. At the time of writing, Puerto Rico is
        number one. There's a rather good cycling game ranked at 326th ...

        By the way Jim, my e-mails to you are still bouncing. I don't know if you
        get them in the end but FYI, I have a cheque from Peter Sullivan for the
        "thought this was dead" ISE, which he sent to top up his TAP sub. I'll
        try and send details to you privately but given that your mail account
        providers seem very picky about who they let through have you considered
        setting up a web-mail account as a back-up?

        Fiendish Board Games - makers of Breaking Away, Office Politics and
        Traffic Lights.
        www.fbgames.co.uk - we accept PayPal