FW: Games survey - can your and your buddies help

  • John and Denny Colledge
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2005
      Folks, a student friend of Denny's at Edinburgh University needs the help of
      any games players she can find. Little does she know that I just happen to
      be interested in the subject, soooooo....... In an effort to assist her,
      could you take all of two minutes to go to this link and answer the
      questions? It needs to be done by the end of the month.

      http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=82715

      If you can think of anyone to pass it on to, it would be greatly
      appreciated, as the more who answer, the better the statistics.

      Cheers!

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        I did the survey and voted for Puerto Rico as best board game ever. A tough one to call -
        anyone else want to reveal their choice (regardless of whether or not they did the
        survey)?

        > Folks, a student friend of Denny's at Edinburgh University needs the help of
        > any games players she can find. Little does she know that I just happen to
        > be interested in the subject, soooooo....... In an effort to assist her,
        > could you take all of two minutes to go to this link and answer the
        > questions? It needs to be done by the end of the month.
        >

        > http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=82715
        >

        > If you can think of anyone to pass it on to, it would be greatly
        > appreciated, as the more who answer, the better the statistics.
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > John
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Howard Bishop
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Richard

          I did fill in the questionnaire, although I did allow myself a wry smile
          when I noticed that the question "How many boardgames do you own?" had a
          maximum response of 5!! I think this is the number that most "normal"
          people, including my wife, would consider to be quite enough for one person.

          In terms of "top game", Puerto Rico would be up there somewhere, but I voted
          for a non-German game (heresy), that takes hours to play, has a rating of
          significantly less than 6.5 on BoardgameGeek, has rules loopholes and flaws
          that you could drive a train through, and really needs 7 players to make it
          worthwhile. Still, at least it isn't diplomacy ;-) I'm hoping that one
          day Greg Costikyan will get the nod from Hasbro to update his design with a
          tighter rulebook, a more practical map with a Mercantor projection, and a
          bunch of new variants .... sigh!

          Cheers
          Howard

          From: "John and Denny Colledge" <dunorroch@...>
          > Folks, a student friend of Denny's at Edinburgh University needs the help
          of
          > any games players she can find. Little does she know that I just happen to
          > be interested in the subject, soooooo....... In an effort to assist her,
          > could you take all of two minutes to go to this link and answer the
          > questions? It needs to be done by the end of the month.
          >

          > http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=82715
          <http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=82715>

          > If you can think of anyone to pass it on to, it would be greatly
          > appreciated, as the more who answer, the better the statistics.
          >
          > Cheers!
          >
          > John
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294t31rq/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705057088:HM/EXP=1109814410/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
          netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          :HM/A=2593423/rand=866066497>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
          for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended
          recipient of this message, or the employee or agent responsible for
          delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
          dissemination or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
          have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
          return electronic mail and delete the original message without retaining a
          copy.

        • Mike Dean
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
            I did the survey and voted for Puerto Rico as best board game ever. A tough
            one to call -
            anyone else want to reveal their choice (regardless of whether or not they
            did the
            survey)?

            Richard

            Ditto, mate, ditto!

            Mike

            PS to everyone:
            DO THE SURVEY - it takes virtually NO TIME!
          • Robert Gordon Aickin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
              At 17:12 02/03/05 +0000, you wrote:
              >PS to everyone:
              >DO THE SURVEY - it takes virtually NO TIME!

              It is rather a mean way to **** up someone's research though, encouraging a
              highly unrepresentative group to respond to the survey. (Of course I did do
              the survey myself.)