The Les Pimley Award - the nominations are ....

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005
      Me, yet again.

      I've unilaterally changed the workings of the Les Pimley award this
      year. Normally the vote runs concurrently with the Zine Poll, but
      this year I thought I would try giving the award its own voting slot
      and use the announcement of the Zine Poll results as an opportunity to
      publicise the award.

      For those who don't know, the Les Pimley Award is presented every
      year to the person deemed to have made a significant contribution to
      the hobby, either during the year or over a period of time culminating
      in the year just gone.

      This year there are three nominations:

      1) Derek Wilson for more than 200 issues of Cut & Thrust (at least
      half of which seemed to be a period of running down to the best
      organised fold in the history of the hobby)
      2) The ManorCon committee for organising World DipCon.
      3) No award (should you feel that neither of the above should win the
      award)

      The polls are open and will stay open until the Ides of March (March
      14th). Votes may be sent via snail mail to John Harrington, 1
      Churchbury Close, Enfield, EN1 3UW or via e-mail to pimley of fbgames.
      co.uk (where the " of " is replaced by the @ symbol - thus 'bloke of
      spamdeath.com' correlates to bloke@... . All a bit late, in
      my case, to dodge the e-mail harvesting spiders but every little
      helps.

      Cheers,