ManorConning

  • fiendishgames
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15 5:34 AM
      Yo,

      Having counted up all my pennies, I have decided I can't afford to
      go to ManorCon this year ... but I intend to do so anyway!

      If there is anybody else turning up on the door who wants to save a
      few bob and share a room with a snorer*, get in touch. You can do
      so via this group or via e-mail (my domain is fbgames.co.uk - so
      just stick manorcon@ or john@ in front of the domain name).

      I'll be there from Friday through to Monday - might as well go
      seriously in to debt, especially as number one son won't be there to
      defend his poker title this year.

      John Harrington

      * I snore, but typically I roll into bed at about 2am so you'd
      probably be asleep by then
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15 8:54 AM
        --- In ukpbm@yahoogroups.com, "fiendishgames" <fiendish@b...> wrote:
        > few bob and share a room with a snorer*, get in touch. You can do
        > so via this group or via e-mail (my domain is fbgames.co.uk - so
        > just stick manorcon@ or john@ in front of the domain name).

        All that effort to avoid having my e-mail address picked up by spam
        harvesters, and it is up there above the title alongside my user
        name!
      • Malcolm Cornelius
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15 8:59 AM
          on 15/07/04 13:34, fiendishgames at fiendish@... wrote:

          > Yo,
          >
          > Having counted up all my pennies, I have decided I can't afford to
          > go to ManorCon this year ... but I intend to do so anyway!

          John

          Could to mention Deep In The End Zone to anyone that might be interested as
          it is pretty clear we will have some vacancies this year.

          Malcolm
        • Malcolm Cornelius
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 15 9:02 AM
            > Could to mention Deep In The End Zone to anyone that might be interested as
            > it is pretty clear we will have some vacancies this year.

            Oops that was meant to be off list, but as it wasn't ...

            There are spaces available in Deep In The End Zone - a long standing Fantasy
            American Football League.

            If anyone is interested, take a look at www.pbfanatic.co.uk/ditez or email
            me.

            Malcolm
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 16 9:06 AM
              On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:02:44 +0100, Malcolm Cornelius
              <malcolm@...> wrote:

              >> Could to mention Deep In The End Zone to anyone that might be
              >> interested as
              >> it is pretty clear we will have some vacancies this year.
              >
              > Oops that was meant to be off list, but as it wasn't ...
              >
              > There are spaces available in Deep In The End Zone - a long standing
              > Fantasy
              > American Football League.
              >
              > If anyone is interested, take a look at www.pbfanatic.co.uk/ditez or
              > email
              > me.

              I've also got places available in my long running fantasy (association)
              football league. Though it uses the scoring from "a well known fantasy
              football source", the rules are different in that managers can transfer
              players between clubs*, they keep the same teams from one year to the next
              and all that caper. Get in touch if you are interested or check us out on
              http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/alooo

              John

              * Tony Dickinson has just bought David Beckham ... now there's optimism
              for you!

              --
              _________________
              Fiendish Board Games - makers of Breaking Away, Office Politics and
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 16 1:47 PM
                > There are spaces available in Deep In The End Zone - a long standing Fantasy
                > American Football League.
                >
                > If anyone is interested, take a look at www.pbfanatic.co.uk/ditez or email
                > me.
                >
                > Malcolm

                Er, not sure if I should really ask this question, but....

                Is "deep in the end zone" meant to be a smutty euphemism like "changing at Baker Street"?

                Finbarr
              • Malcolm Cornelius
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 17 3:46 AM
                  on 16/07/04 21:47, Richard Smith at richard@... wrote:

                  >> There are spaces available in Deep In The End Zone - a long standing Fantasy
                  >> American Football League.
                  >>
                  >> If anyone is interested, take a look at www.pbfanatic.co.uk/ditez or email
                  >> me.
                  >>
                  >> Malcolm
                  >
                  > Er, not sure if I should really ask this question, but....
                  >
                  > Is "deep in the end zone" meant to be a smutty euphemism like "changing at
                  > Baker Street"?

                  Lol !

                  Nope, it's sort of based on the commentators - "He's looking long ... He's
                  got a Wide Receiver open .... The pass is COMPLETE to ..... A great catch
                  Deep in the End Zone .......

                  Malcolm