PSYCHOCON 2004 - 8th to 10th October 2004 in SCARBOROUGH, UK

  • Mike Dean
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2004
      PSYCHOCON 2004

      8th to 10th October 2004 in SCARBOROUGH, UK

      The Event:
      A Board Games convention open to PSYCHOPATH and non-PSYCHOPATH
      players.
      Games possibly to include: Diplomacy & Variants (Ard Ri, Hundred,
      Classical), Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Kill Doctor Lucky, Save
      Doctor Lucky, Formula De, Devil Bunny needs a Ham, Kingmaker, Axis
      and Allies, Risk, The Great Dalmuti, Samurai, Apocalypse, Get Out!,
      Stratego, Spooks, and Machiavelli. Full details to be announced
      later!

      Please bring any favourite games with you, there is bound to be
      opportunity and players available to participate. The more the
      merrier! A great time to meet old adversaries and meet new people
      over new games, or simply have a few beers in the bar!

      Entrance Fee:
      £4 per day, or £8 for the weekend if booked before 30th June.
      £6 per day, or £12 for the weekend after 30th June.
      £8 per day if paying on the door.
      If not booking for the weekend, please specify which day you will be
      attending when booking.
      Overseas attendees admitted FREE! Please still REGISTER your
      attendance!

      Please make cheques payable to Mike Dean and send to: PSYCHOCON
      2004, The Red House, Osbourne Lodge, Riggs Head, Scarborough, North
      Yorkshire, YO12 5TG.

      Please remember to include your NAME and ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER
      and E-MAIL address. Thanks!

      The Venue: The Brooklands Hotel, Esplanade Gardens, South Cliff,
      Scarborough. Telephone: 01723 376576 (quote PSYCHO CON 2004)

      Hotel Rate: £28 per person, per night B&B. [Single, twin and
      double]. The Hotel has 36 rooms available. Book early to avoid
      disappointment!

      Hotel Catering: Bar available. Bar snacks available at lunchtime and
      in the evening. Dinner will also be available in the restaurant.

      Contact:
      Send an e-mail to psychocon@...
      or telephone: 07866 365112

      http://www.psychozine.co.uk/psychocon
    • Mike Dean
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
        Please could any zine editors print the following updated
        information?

        PSYCHO CON 2004 UPDATED INFORMATION:

        From 2pm Friday 8th October to 6pm Sunday 10th October 2004
        The Clifton Hotel, SCARBOROUGH, UK

        £4 per day, or £8 for the weekend if booked before 31st August.
        £6 per day if paying on the door.
        Overseas attendees admitted FREE!

        http://www.psychozine.co.uk/psychocon .
        If you are attending - please REGISTER as soon as possible.

        Please bring any games that you particularly would like to play.
        You are sure to find players!

        Prizes have been donated by MAYFAIR GAMES, EAGLE GAMES,
        RIO GRANDE GAMES, SPIRIT GAMES, and
        THE BOARD GAMES COMPANY with more to come!

        The Clifton has some single rooms available @ £35 / night.
        it also has double and twin rooms.
        Book early to avoid disappointment! Telephone: 01723 375691
        Other accommodation, to suit all pockets is available in nearby
        hotels and guest houses via the Tourist Information Centre - 01723
        373333.

        to do on our behalf to your mates, players in games you currently
        play in, and to any games clubs you are a member of. Your help
        appreciated!

        ALSO:

        1. There will be a PSYCHO CON booklet much like the MANOR CON
        booklet! [Copying is one of the greatest compliments!]

        I want to do my bit to promote the POSTAL GAMES hobby as well as On-
        Line webzines - so - if you are an editor - please provide me with
        the following information: The Name of the Zine, eZine or Website,
        Contact Information, Frequency, Format, Cost, Pages, Games Run and
        no more than 20 or so additional words describing the zine to
        potential subscribers. I'll print all that send something!

        2. If any zine editor wants to send flyers or sample copies to be
        placed on the Main Desk as PSYCHO CON - please let me know and I
        will ensure that they are on display

        3. Please Promote the Con to as many people as you can - this is our
        FIRST con and we would like it to be a success!

        4. I will LIFT all the Convention information from the Manor Con
        booklet - so if you have a Con listed there, you don't need to
        contact me unless you have changed the details!

        5. Advertising will be available within the booklet at £3 per page -
        so if you want to advertise your zine or convention you can do so!

        And that's about it!

        Cheers

        MIKE
      • Howard Bishop
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2004
          Will put something in TTT for you, although at the current rate of progress
          PSYCHOCON will have been and gone by the time the zine goes out!

        • Mike Dean
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2004
            Do many zine editors subscribe to this group? I thought they did -
            obviously they don't, otherwise they would have read the paragraph
            below! No wonder the British postal games hobby is still in retreat!
            The only reply I have had is from Jim Burgess for TAP. He will get
            his information printed in the PSYCHO CON booklet. Hell, PSYCHO CON
            might not be the BEST or the BIGGEST convention in the UK - but
            surely EVERY bit of publicity and promotion opportunity is good for
            the British hobby, isn't it? Come on - send me your details and I'll
            put them in the booklet guys!

            MIKE

            PS Thanks very much to those zine editors who have publicised PSYCHO
            CON 2004 - your help appreciated! :)

            --- In ukpbm@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dean" <mike.dean@p...> wrote:

            I want to do my bit to promote the POSTAL GAMES hobby as well as On-
            Line webzines - so - if you are an editor - please provide me with
            the following information: The Name of the Zine, eZine or Website,
            Contact Information, Frequency, Format, Cost, Pages, Games Run and
            no more than 20 or so additional words describing the zine to
            potential subscribers. I'll print all that send something!
          • Chris Tringham
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2004
              Mike,

              I'm not a zine editor any more, but I'll offer my two cents worth.

              The problem with email is that most of us get hundreds of messages every
              day and we just scan through them to see if there is anything important.
              Then because we're all old and decrepit, we forget to do anything about
              the important stuff we do notice.

              Best Regards
              Chris