RE: [ukpbm] Digest Number 438 - First MFG

  • Chris Tringham
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      I agree it was Bowen, but I thought Pete Doubleday was involved as well.
      It was some sort of Birmingham thing, as I recall.

      Trevor Mendham et al were more likely to be involved in 20 Years On or
      25 Years On, which was earlier, and more a London thing.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:20:34 +0800, Chris Tringham <chris@...>
        wrote:

        > I agree it was Bowen, but I thought Pete Doubleday was involved as well.
        > It was some sort of Birmingham thing, as I recall.
        >
        > Trevor Mendham et al were more likely to be involved in 20 Years On or
        > 25 Years On, which was earlier, and more a London thing.

        Yes, it was a collective effort, definitely Bowen and Doubleday (P), but I
        think a third was involved too, but I can't recall who it was - maybe Pete
        Tulk, the 9' tall actor?

        Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
        Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
        http://www.fbgames.co.uk
      • Ben & Linley Goodale
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          Crikey, there's a blast from the past. I remember playing En Garde! with Jan in Demons Drawl in....er.....1985.

          I still think it was Bowen.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
            I think you could be right about Pete Tulk being involved with Bowen and
            Doubleday. The name has a touch of Tulk, given his The Roar of the
            Greasepaint (TROG).