Re: [ukpbm] Digest Number 438 - First MFG

  • Alan Parr
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
      The best I can offer is that it was certainly likely to have been before
      1987 - I'd guess closer to 1983. Names like Trevor Mendham and Jan
      Niechiadowicz come to mind, but we're talking about twenty years ago, and I
      can't say for sure.

      Alan Parr

    • Chris Tringham
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 5:20 AM
        I agree it was Bowen, but I thought Pete Doubleday was involved as well.
        It was some sort of Birmingham thing, as I recall.

        Trevor Mendham et al were more likely to be involved in 20 Years On or
        25 Years On, which was earlier, and more a London thing.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 11:29 AM
          On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:20:34 +0800, Chris Tringham <chris@...>
          wrote:

          > I agree it was Bowen, but I thought Pete Doubleday was involved as well.
          > It was some sort of Birmingham thing, as I recall.
          >
          > Trevor Mendham et al were more likely to be involved in 20 Years On or
          > 25 Years On, which was earlier, and more a London thing.

          Yes, it was a collective effort, definitely Bowen and Doubleday (P), but I
          think a third was involved too, but I can't recall who it was - maybe Pete
          Tulk, the 9' tall actor?

          Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
          Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
          http://www.fbgames.co.uk
        • Ben & Linley Goodale
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 4:27 PM
            Crikey, there's a blast from the past. I remember playing En Garde! with Jan in Demons Drawl in....er.....1985.

            I still think it was Bowen.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 4:03 PM
              I think you could be right about Pete Tulk being involved with Bowen and
              Doubleday. The name has a touch of Tulk, given his The Roar of the
              Greasepaint (TROG).