Re: [ukpbm] Digest Number 424

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      In message <F41u57RmVHsqWP2ynwd00009901@...>, Nick Parish
      <nick_parish@...> writes
      >Stephen, for somebody who does more Hobby activities than the rest of us put
      >together, I don't understand your constant enthusiasm for closing Hobby
      >institutions (this email group, the Zine Poll etc) down. As long as some
      >poor sod is willing to run it, why should we stop the Zine Poll? 68 votes
      >is not too bad (massively down on its hey-day of course, but not
      >insiginificant in its own right).
      >
      >I think closing things down should be reserved for when there are
      >significant downsides to keeping running them - not the case for the Zine
      >Poll (except maybe to Harrington's spare time).
      >
      >Nick

      Nick

      You don't understand that my usual tactic is to announce that something
      should be abandoned, closed down etc. in order to generate activity
      (usually moral outrage) which gets things moving again. It usually works
      quite well.

      I think I may persue the Greatest Zine and Greatest Editor idea myself -
      a great excuse to put together a short list and then have a debate about
      why so-and-so was excluded etc. One for the next issue of AD I think.

      Stephen Agar
    • Bruce Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
        Ha ha! I think I'm beginning to see how your mind works, Stephen.
        But remind me not to get into a game of Diplomacy with you!!!

        ;-)

        B.

        psychopath website (for games) - http://www.psychozine.co.uk