Les Pimley award

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2002
      Hi.

      A little later than expected but here are the nominations for the 2002 Les Pimley Award.

      Mike Dean for his Psychozine web site which has successfully made the transition from paper based zine to web based
      zine.

      Paul Evans for his looooooooong running En Garde game which started in the Small Furry Creatures Press and which is
      still going in To Win Just Once

      Richard Sharp, in recognition of his long serving zine, Dolchstoss, plus his contribution to the Diplomacy hobby

      Derek Wilson for over 200 issues of Cut & Thrust

      I would not be surprised if at least one of the above had been nominated before but I could not establish whether
      winning the thing before was a barrier to being nominated again. I decided to reject two nominations - one was very
      flattering and the other very funny - but it will take a braver poll custodian than me to accept them. I don't mind a bit of
      iconoclasm in my own zine but don't really feel it is my place to mess around with hobby institutions.

      Would all zine editors please publicise the above nominations and let readers know that the votes must be in by
      midnight, December 31st? They can send them by post to 1 Churchbury Close, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3UW or by e-
      mail to zinepoll@...

      Voters can vote for more than one nominee if they wish but if they do then they should list the nominees in order of
      preference.

      Thanks.

      John

      Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
      Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
      http://www.fbgames.co.uk