MidCon

  • fiendishgames
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2002
      Got my MidCon flyer today. I can't be sure but I believe this is the first one I have received through the post - all other publicity has been electronic. odd that I should get the flyer within a fortnight of finally getting round to booking.

      A high proportion of the people I have spoken to who went last year claim not to have received a flyer yet (until I sent them one), which is a bit worrying.

      Under the influence of number one son, who is keen on games involving figures and rolling lots of dice, I find myself hankering (just a bit) for an old fashioned Anglo-American style game* - maybe even (shock horror) playing games I've owned for ages but never played such as Starfall (space exploration/colonisation), Warrior Knights (Kingmaker with knobs on), Civi (well, I've not played my copy) and Freedom In The Galaxy (not based in a galaxy far, far away). Alternatively I might be interested in road testing the new Risk - Lord of the Rings game before having my arm twisted to buy it for number one son at Xmas. Anyone else out there who is going to MidCon have a masochistic hankering for these long duration throwbacks? Die Macher anyone? Republic of Rome? Semi Demiurgic Pit a la Nick Kinzett?

      John

      * this does not include Diplomacy!
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005
        Dear all (yet again),

        Just to prove I am not totally retreating from the hobby, you may or
        may not be interested in my review of MidCon on my blog: http://my.
        opera.com/fiendishgames/blog/

        There's also some stuff on there about Essen.

        TTFN,