Re: [ukpbm] Re: Joy

    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 12, 2002
      In message <su4$eKN0w8f9EwyR@...>, Stephen Agar
      <stephen@...> writes

      >And what's all this putting my name and the word "dignity" in the same
      >sentence - are you trying to ruin my reputation? :-)

      Too late Mr A - we all know now that Mark is a fan. :-)

      http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 12, 2002
        In message <006501c25a52$9c6e7d20$24624fcb@goodale>, Ben & Linley
        Goodale <ben_goodale@...> writes
        >Clearly there's life in the old dog yet.

        Yes indeed... but you just HAD to poke him with a stick didn't you. :-)

        Tom

        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 12, 2002
          In message <430E6BBE8858D511B3D000508BF3951AF322D7@UK-STORE1>, Howard
          Bishop <hbishop@...> writes
          >>No, this service is totally free. It's no hassle to leave it running as
          >>such - I am just a little worried that people join, see no activity,
          >>then leave.
          >
          >>How many active amateur zines are they these days? 12-15?
          >>There's certainly very little sense of community.
          >>How many Dip games going? 20?
          >>How's con attendances holding up (rarely been to any since the kids
          >>arrived - though I am going to MidCon this year)?
          >
          >>BTW - listening to a Nick Harper CD as I type this - great stuff -
          >>anyone else like him?
          >

          >Stephen,
          >
          >I understand where you're coming from. When I first joined the hobby a
          >couple of years ago, there were posts to this group almost on a daily basis.
          >There seemed to be a really vibrant initiative to take PBM to the people at
          >that time. I agree that unless there are regular posts, newcomers might be
          >put off. We should either revisit the PBM promotion initiative or use the
          >group for other things, like advertising new games or general hobby news. If
          >it wasn't for this group, my zine wouldn't have survived.
          >
          >BTW. I saw Nick H when I saw Roy H last year. They both played individual
          >sets and then got together to play a joint set at the end.They're back in
          >Wycombe again next month. I already have my ticket! I don't have any of
          >Nick's material. Anything you'd recommend?
          >
          >Cheers
          >Howard

          I was very impressed with "Light at the end of the Kennel" ( a
          mini-album) and "Seed" - which are the only 2 I have at present.
          However, I was sufficiently impressed to order the rest of his back
          catalogue from Amazon.

          He's a bit like an acoustic Manic Street Preachers.

          Ah, Roy Harper. Anyone remember the classic song "The Black Cloud of
          Islam"? It's a wonder he hasn't been fatwa'd.

          --
          Stephen Agar
        • Ben & Linley Goodale
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 13, 2002
            Well, it seems remarkably easy to stir him up. And you get such good value, you know a throwaway line and you get about two pages of A4.

            I'm sure he must either have a good spy or perhaps he is also subbed under a nom de plume so he can flounce dramatically in and out.