Free Zines - again !

  • Malcolm Cornelius
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 10:17 AM
      Folks

      The following zines are available for anyone who wants them for the cost of
      postage

      Back To The Dark Ages 101 - 136
      Bloodstock 114 - 143
      Cut and Thrust 110 - 204
      For Whom The Die Rolls 42 - 73
      Freaky Fungus 1 - 3
      Game 1 - 48
      Mango 1 - 28
      Obsidian 96 - 113
      ODE 139 - 231
      SMEG 7 - 21
      Springboard 61 - 125
      Strangitude 8 - 27
      The Cunning Plan 25 - 99
      The Pen Is Mightier ... 3 - 18
      The White Cat 8 - 21 (not complete)

      The rest have now been claimed, last chance before they hit the dump ....

      Oh and I¹ve found a box of old BUM back numbers in the 25-65 range in the
      unlikely event that anyone might want some !

      Malcolm

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11 2:13 PM
        Malc,

        Has anyone taken the SMEGs? If so I hope they demanded a brown paper
        envelope!

        I only felt the urge to reply as SMEG is being downsized to a subzine after
        the late late issue 23. Looking back over the zine's history, issues 7-21
        are definitely the ones to have. The first 6 were well dodgy and 22 was a
        bit lame - number 7 was the first really good issue and it maintained a high
        standard thereafter, albeit with variable levels of tasteless material.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11 2:25 PM
          Richard,

          Which 'zine are you infecting :-)

          Cheers

          Mark

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12 3:14 PM
            Mark,

            I've already got a subzine in Variable Pig - entitled Budda-Budda-Budda! -
            which according to a card in Nuclear Proliferation is the sound of machine
            gun fire. It was so entitled because it featured gangster games such as The
            Mob and The Brotherhood (plus the bizarre seagull crapping game Guano
            Archery). BBB has recently finished all its games so the remains of SMEG
            will take over.

            I'm thinking of calling it "Smiffy's Mostly Emasculated Gamezine" or perhaps
            use a new silly name such as "Space Aliens Turned My Son Into an Olive" (a
            headline from the early days of the Sunday Sport when they used to make up
            stories about B-52 bombers on the moon).

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/