2001 Zine Poll results

  • Chris M. Dickson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      The 2001 Zine Poll results are now online at Keith Thomasson's site. The
      URL to get there directly is rather long, so go to
      http://qwer.org/2001zp and you will be redirected there forthwith.
      (Caution: redirector is likely only to work for the next week or two.)

      Congratulations to all those who did well in, or even won, the polls,
      and many thanks to Keith for running them.

      Happy New Year!
      Chris
      (who has only just realised that Stephen Agar's zine is called Armistice
      Day, or The Armistice Day Newsletter, and isn't called Spring Offensive
      any more these days... d'oh!)

      --
      Chris M. Dickson, Middlesbrough, Great Britain; chris@...
      Sport Editor, Flagship PBM mag: http://www.antsnest.demon.co.uk/flagship/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        In message <7FESphZQ5lM8EwfZ@...>, Chris M. Dickson
        <chris@...> writes
        >The 2001 Zine Poll results are now online at Keith Thomasson's site. The
        >URL to get there directly is rather long, so go to
        >http://qwer.org/2001zp and you will be redirected there forthwith.
        >(Caution: redirector is likely only to work for the next week or two.)
        >
        >Congratulations to all those who did well in, or even won, the polls,
        >and many thanks to Keith for running them.
        >
        >Happy New Year!
        >Chris
        >(who has only just realised that Stephen Agar's zine is called Armistice
        >Day, or The Armistice Day Newsletter, and isn't called Spring Offensive
        >any more these days... d'oh!)

        Come on Chris, pay attention!

        The results are a very good reason why if an editor runs the poll you
        need to use a preference system to get a meaningful result. Although
        FWTDR is a very good zine, the honest truth is that Mango may well have
        won it if the poll was being run by anyone else.

        I wonder how many people voted who didn't see FWTDR?

        With only 26 votes (that's a guess) despite having email voting, I think
        the Poll should be laid to rest now.

        http://www.diplomacy-archive.com