375RE: MSO and MfG

  • Sian Reeves
    Sep 1, 1999
      From: Tony Reeves

      I called in to Cardiff Games yesterday to try and buy Lost Cities. I had heard of the Hawker connection (ashamed to say I never got around to subscribing) and it turns out that the proprietor is Hazel's brother. he was more than willing to put a copy of John's Introduction to Postal Gaming on the notice board and was enthusiastic to help the pbm Hobby. He is developing a Games Room downstairs and has a very decent stock of boardgames.

      The Compendium of Postal Games is developing steadily (although I gather that Part 1 failed to make the journey through cyber space intact in a number of instances - can anyone confirm that it DID arrive okay?) and I have typed in the details of about 100 games for part 2. I would be delighted to receive reviews on GAMES in much the same way that John H. collates reviews on ZINES. The wider the range of conributions the better.
      I am really at sea as far as a good number of games go insofar as I haven't played them (or even heard og them in some instances). I will compile a list of these with my next plea for help - coming your way soon.
      In order to keep my information up to date I would be grateful for any information on folds,
      of the recent batch I know of Fungus, Winter Retreat, SNOT and Rhubarb Rhubarb. Are there any more?

      Watch this space for news of BreCon 2000.

      Tony Reeves