256Re: The next step?

    Jul 2, 1999
      In message <199907011821_MC2-7B90-3D2E@...>, Tony Robbins
      <101234.1602@...> writes
      >I would add a No. 6 to the Top 5: we need an effective means of
      >communicating what's going on in the hobby (not only for newcomers, but for
      >old stagers as well). Given the number of players, GMs and editors with
      >email access, this list has the potential to provide it - but more people
      >need to sign up (or be signed up?).

      I have to admit I didn't find it easy to join this newsgroup. [a]
      because I only heard about it in the latest BUM, and [b] I didn't like
      the large form one *has* to fill in to be allowed on the onelist [I
      don't like giving out all that info online]. It nearly put me off, and
      I'm sure it'll scare others off as well. The only two other lists I've
      seen like this [Jan subscribes to them], all you have to do it put
      'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' in the subject and you're on or off. It'd
      help if this list was that easy.