1373Launching the World DipCon Drive for 330 Initiative: Blow Down the Windy City Weasels (apologies for the incredibly obese cross-posting)

  • Jim Burgess
    Jan 21, 2012
      Dear UK PBMers, many of you whom I've not seen since those previous huge
      Manorcons,

      When I was in Chicago two weeks ago, I had dinner with Chief Weasel Jim
      O'Kelley and told him that as I had hinted at in my lead Editorial for the
      Winter issue of Diplomacy World (http://www.diplomacyworld.net/pdf/dw116.pdf
      ),
      it was time to have a World DipCon this year that is a REAL World DipCon,
      Downtown Chicago, IL, USA, August 10-12, 2012 with full details at:

      http://windycityweasels.org/wdc

      This is the only general announcement I'm going to cross-post about this,
      but I do plan some more specific reach out efforts, especially as we get
      closer to 330 pre-registrants. Anyone who wants to write articles or
      commentaries on these efforts for the Spring issue of Diplomacy World
      (deadline April 1, 2012) will be quite encouraged and welcome.

      For right now, I'm going to focus on my own little Diplomacy tournament in
      Providence, RI, TempleCon, the first weekend in February (feel free to come
      if you like!) but then I'll be following up with groups individually to
      promote this.

      Jim-Bob