1275RE: [ukpbm] Zine Poll Result

  • Howard Bishop
    Jan 24, 2005
      I can't help thinking that the low number of votes was a self-fulfilling
      prophesy. There were so many doom and gloom emails preceding it that many
      people will have just failed to turn out. I don't think the number of people
      who could have voted has halved since last time; I didn't help matters by
      failing to include a voting form with the 'zine and I didn't actually vote
      for the first time.

      In terms of the outcome, The Tangerine Terror has moved up a couple of
      (completely unjustified) places in the rankings which shows that the small
      number of votes is distorting the results. My estimation is that TTT
      shouldn't (by any measure you can think of) be in the top 10 (a
      Housemartinsesque Fourth Best Zine In High Wycombe).

      For what it's worth, I think that we should keep it going while there are
      still people who are willing to register a vote (almost regardless of how
      small that number is). I would hope to make a better showing in terms of
      promotion in TTT next time around.

      Thanks to John for collating the results and publishing the scores.

      This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
      for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended
      recipient of this message, or the employee or agent responsible for
      delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
      dissemination or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
      have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
      return electronic mail and delete the original message without retaining a
      copy.