      From: Malcolm Cornelius
      To: ukpbm@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 2:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [ukpbm] Re: the "Badly Written" rule

      on 02/10/03 21:27, Bruce Edwards at kactusjak@... wrote:

      > The point I would like to make is the situation where the player is
      > deliberately trying to mislead his neighbours!
      > Taking Mike's example - if I ordered F Bul > Con when it was actually an army,
      > I would probably be rather put out if the Army was moved when my intention was
      > to pretend to Austria or Russia that I was pulling back!
      > Maybe if GMs were to stipulate that mis-orders would be corrected - if the
      > intent was fairly obvious - unless the player stated it was deliberate!
      >
      > So if I was to order:
      > F Bul > Con
      > Mike would move my Army but if I ordered:
      > F Bul > Con (deliberate misorder)
      > then Mike would see my intention is to deceive - and not a mistake in writing
      > the order!!
      >
      > I think it would be good if GMs were to point out errors to players,
      > especially new players! You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't know
      > what mistakes you made!!!

      I don't think the GM should do ANYTHING except enact the orders as written
      by the player.

      If the player makes a mistake, so be it, unlucky, play better.

      They should be an adjudicator and not have any other role.

      F(Bul) - Con when it is an army should fail.

      Bul - Con should succeed unless the house rules require that the type of
      piece be correctly named.

      --
      Best wishes

      Malcolm Cornelius