1067Re: [ukpbm] Re: Time to say goodbye?

    Sep 12, 2002
      In message <alofbj+lmq2@...>, Mark Boyle
      <markboyle_potb@...> writes
      >Hello Tom,
      >
      >Well, what your resident Geddy Lee lookalike Ben Goodale is on about
      >was actually last November/December time (I think), involved Princess
      >Downes Queen of Hearts, Steve Agar & Alex Bardy deciding to concoct a
      >few fantasies about your truly on the board, then find themselves
      >jolly surprised when I turned up in person to take them to task after
      >four subscribers decided to forward me the contents.
      >
      >To be concise:
      >
      >1. Downes took off when I revealed the hypocrite's own failed attempt
      >to fiddle the ZOTY Poll many moons back whilst continuing to moralise
      >ad nauseum over the 1987 Great Zine Poll Swindle (The Stoat
      >incidentally grumbled to me on the phone this year that Bowen and
      >Downes did a far better job in wrecking the poll than I ever did -
      >well, he did get the two biggest turnouts ever thanks to Yours Truly,
      >one doesn't like to boast but what did he ever do without me...God,
      >I'm so bloody great).

      [Snip]

      But all this happened YEARS ago... why on earth would Ben Goodale want
      to mention it again now? Cooo some people have long memories.

      http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic