RE: [ukha_d] Recommended whole-house audio dist amp?

  • Phil Harris
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
      Tony,

      Where are you located? I'm Winchester if that's any use as you seem to
      be having some issues with brightness ... Just thought that maybe two
      heads might be better than one!

      Phil

    • BUTLER, Tony, FM
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
        Phil,

        I'm in Surrey, so not exactly neighbours :)

        Keith has explained to my KAT5 list persona that it's because I'm now double terminated (oh-er missus!) & he's gonna tell me which wire to cut in my Tx unit to get back to single termination..
        In the mean time, I have taken the unusually simplistic route of turning up the birghtness on the TV :-]
        Would of course prefer an X10 solution involving relays switching brightness circuits in/out as <insert favourite HA controller here> detects a change from an RF input to an EXT input on the TV, but what the hey - can't have everything :D

        Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • Phil Harris
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
          Message
          I'm in Surrey, so not exactly neighbours :)

          I knew you were Surrey from a previous posting however some parts of Surrey (Farnham for example) are close...

          Phil

        • BUTLER, Tony, FM
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
            Message
            Oh right.  Well (don't take the mick now!) it's Croydon.  South though, so it's not _that_ bad :-)

            Tony

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
              Message
              Ooooooo....

              I am sorry.

              Phil

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                Message
                BTW ... I have a friend who has a car hifi shop in Coulsdon so I do get up there occasionally. I need to see him soon anyway as he owes me a set of Monitor Audio car speakers!

                Phil

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                  Message
                  Yeah, well _someone_ has 2 live in Croydon :)

                  Maybe next time you're out this way we can have a mini HA meet at the nearest convenient licensed premises? :-)

                  Tony

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                    Message

                    Maybe next time you're out this way we can have a mini HA meet at the nearest convenient licensed premises? :-)

                    Sounds like the beginnings of a plan...

                    Phil
                  • BUTLER, Tony, FM
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                      Message
                      Plan?  Me?  No way!

                      If you're up for it, the surrey contingent of the Fujitsu buyers could 'legitimse' (to our collective SWMBO's) a swift pint or 2 to collect tablets from a nominated surrey buyer.  I've got a mini-MPV that could hold quite ia few if interested.  would certainly make shipping easier for Gareth....

                      Tony

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                        Message
                        I've already said to Gareth that I'll take a ride over to his and help him with the sorting ot of the Fujitsus when they arrive so maybe see you there?

                        Phil

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                          Message
                          Dunno - where's 'there'?

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                            Message
                            No too far from you but I'll leave it up to Gareth if he wants people traipsing there to collect Fujitsus!

                            Phil

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                              Am I too late to get in on the Fujitsu tablet lark? [I know I
                              should've kept up the 4 hours a day reading of this list :( ]

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
                                No idea ... Up to Gareth I guess.

                                Phil