[ukha_d] Video Cards with PAL output

  • Keith Doxey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 1998
      Hi All,

      Wanted to be first to post to the new list so here is the follow up to Patricks message :-))

      The 69 quid job I mentioned earlier is a converter card for your existing card although it
      will only do 640x480.

      The biggest problem with knocking up your own adapter will be the horizontal sync rate.
      TV is 15.6kHz but VGA is 31kHz SVGA 35kHz or higher. Some of the newer card run at
      really high rates if you have a high spec monitor. At work we set our presentation machines
      to "Standard Monitor Types" to ensure that they run at the lowest refresh for that resolution.

      Vertical sync shouldnt be a problem at low scan rates as the defaults are VGA 60Hz
      SVGA 56Hz and most modern TV's will happily accept anything between 50/60Hz.
      If you want to video record the output you might be less succesful as a lot of VCR's refuse
      to lock to a 60Hz signal.

      Keith