Opinion requested

  • Concrete Circus
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2010
      Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?

      In particular a one day convention in Milton Keynes in November, but the question stands anyway.

      I've got quotes for venues that are about £170 different but I can't get the cheaper one on a Saturday. I suspect that less people would attend a Sunday one but am checking you the potential customers.

      Please answer, either here or by e-mailing me directly (nigel@...)

      Thanks,

      Nigel

    • Mini Mansell
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2010
        i Would Nigel.

        Mini

        On 11 May 2010 21:07, Concrete Circus <nigel@...> wrote:

        > Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?
        >
        > In particular a one day convention in Milton Keynes in November, but the
        > question stands anyway.
        >
        > I've got quotes for venues that are about �170 different but I can't get
        > the cheaper one on a Saturday. I suspect that less people would attend a
        > Sunday one but am checking you the potential customers.
        >
        > Please answer, either here or by e-mailing me directly (nigel@...<nigel%40itshim.co.uk>
        > )
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Nigel

      • Dave Law
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2010
          I might, depending on work rotas, Sunday is actually more appealing to me as my partner works Tuesday to Saturday and my shifts mean that I often have sat-mon off.

        • e.konig@ntlworld.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2010
            Sounds good Nigel.
            EddieK

            ---- Concrete Circus <nigel@...> wrote:
            > Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?
            >
            > In particular a one day convention in Milton Keynes in November, but the question stands anyway.
            >
            > I've got quotes for venues that are about £170 different but I can't get the cheaper one on a Saturday. I suspect that less people would attend a Sunday one but am checking you the potential customers.
            >
            > Please answer, either here or by e-mailing me directly (nigel@...)
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Nigel

          • Jay
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2010
              --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Concrete Circus" <nigel@...> wrote:

              > Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?

              I might, but it's fair to say that it would be rather less likely than a Saturday.

              I'm the one day equivalent of a floating voter - I do what I choose and don't feel guilty about not supporting a cause if it ain't convenient, and Sundays in general are less appealing. If quite a few people are like me (and I guess that at least a fair few are) then I'd expect numbers to be down for Sunday vs. Saturday for any given location, in which case you have to make a call between cost vs. bums on seats.

              Am I the only person who is beginning to think that the one day calendar is filling up a bit? Not a bad state of affairs at all, but it feels like it's getting harder to find good dates.

              --
              Jay
            • tlmbvoid
              Message 6 of 9 , May 12, 2010
                --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Concrete Circus" <nigel@...> wrote:

                > Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?
                >
                > In particular a one day convention in Milton Keynes in November, but the question stands anyway.

                A Sunday wouldn't put me off, necessarily. It would all depend for me on whether it clashed with anything else I was doing, how far I had to travel, how skint I was, etc.

                Void

                --
                TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees : 18 designs
              • Peter Gamble
                Message 7 of 9 , May 12, 2010
                  This one day family friendly event returns for it's 6th Year
                  Aldersley Leisure Village, Aldersley Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 9NW

                  on Saturday 3rd July

                  Free overnight parking and camping

                  Pre booked tickets £15 , £20 on the day .

                  This year we are delighted to confirm that Adam Winrich, star of You Tube , fresh from storming performances at Glastonbury , holder of 7 Guinness World Records , stunning whip cracker and whip maker, will be our special guest , expect the best because you have got it !

                  2010 Workshops will include Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Workshops and the Workshop Leaders will include Adam Winrich, Peter Gamble and Major Horton.

                  Free whip use
                  Performance tips and the
                  British Whip Cracking Championships competitions , these are split into various classes so everyone can have a go at winning , Targets, Basic 8 etc

                  Try your hand at cracking a 20ft whip , have fun !!

                  For more information see

                  http://ukwhipconvention.com/index.html

                  To book your tickets please contact mailto:whipconventionorganisers@...

                  Pete Gamble
                  Pick "N" Mix Circus
                  23 Harbour Road
                  Barry
                  01446 747176
                  Mobile 07875 826773
                  Email : Peter@...
                  Website : www.pick-n-mix.co.uk
                  Bringing Fun to your Festivities

                • Plumsie
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                    I would possibly attend for the day but if you were planning an evening show then with travel time home afterwards and work the next morning I would be put off staying for the show.

                    I think it would depend on the venue that you were proposing and the attractions that you have to offer.

                    Plumsie

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                      On 11/05/2010 21:07, Concrete Circus wrote:
                      > Would you attend a one-day juggling convention on a Sunday?

                      Yes, several of the Cambridge one-dayers were on a Sunday as I recall.
                      Make sure you know when the pubs shut afterwards ;-)