Equity fire insurance

  • gbenson2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi All long time since I posted sorry.

      Equity fire insurance now insist on your fire props being in an air tight metal box. What box do you use?
      Graham
    • catchcatchdrop
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
        Not so much an answer to Grahams question but just bringing up that Simon Chainey (flamefireshows.com/southernlights) has been involved with trying to get some changes to the First act/equity fire insurance. to bring them more into line with what many fire performers/troupes require.

        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=292625874967

        yeah yeah I know, facebook, but welcome to 2010
        Nutshell, Si is in discussion with Equity and First act,
        looking for-
        Bump to 5mill.
        End to metal box, move to risk assessed area storage.
        Fuel from 2.5ltr total to 10ltr per performer.

        There have been some interesting points brought up about both the negatives of the current cover and example of where performers have had policies altered by First Act without too much trouble.

        BTW metal box, try army surplus ammo boxes, tbh the only ones I've ever seen used. get ready for your props to deterioate :( (and good luck finding one for a 6ft staff or fire hulahoop)

        Sean

        --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "gbenson2001" <graham_benson@...> wrote:

        > Hi All long time since I posted sorry.
        >
        > Equity fire insurance now insist on your fire props being in an air tight metal box. What box do you use?
        > Graham

      • jonathan the jester
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2010
          Hi Folks

          We have just started a Forum for Yoyologists, aimed at kids mainly but we'd appreciate it if some of you Void, Heathcote, Monster types would go and sign up and make it an exciting place for kids.

          http://www.jamiethejester.co.uk/yoyogoblin/

          Or www.yoyogoblin.com there is a link at bottom of page but this site is still under construction.

          Any suggestions would be most welcome.

          Thank you

          Jonathan the Jester

          Not so much an answer to Grahams question but just bringing up that Simon Chainey (flamefireshows.com/southernlights) has been involved with trying to get some changes to the First act/equity fire insurance. to bring them more into line with what many fire performers/troupes require.

          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=292625874967

          yeah yeah I know, facebook, but welcome to 2010
          Nutshell, Si is in discussion with Equity and First act,
          looking for-
          Bump to 5mill.
          End to metal box, move to risk assessed area storage.
          Fuel from 2.5ltr total to 10ltr per performer.

          There have been some interesting points brought up about both the negatives of the current cover and example of where performers have had policies altered by First Act without too much trouble.

          BTW metal box, try army surplus ammo boxes, tbh the only ones I've ever seen used. get ready for your props to deterioate :( (and good luck finding one for a 6ft staff or fire hulahoop)

          Sean

          --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "gbenson2001" <graham_benson@...> wrote:

          > Hi All long time since I posted sorry.
          >
          > Equity fire insurance now insist on your fire props being in an air tight metal box. What box do you use?
          > Graham

        • JONATHAN RUSSELL
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
            I would like to apologise for using the words "types" after Void and
            Heathcote. They are each entirely different uniquely talented and
            inspirational people. What I meant was...

            those of you who aspire to be as good as Void or Heathcote...

            www.jamiethejester.co.uk/yoyogoblin

            Do come join us if you like yoyos.

            Jonathan