Re: BJC

  • TLMB
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 24, 2009
      > I think the key thing that is required is a change in the attitude
      > towards BJC
      > organisation and planning.
      >
      > In recent years the next location for BJC has been decided at the
      > BJC business
      > meeting and the people putting forward proposals have not really got
      > any form of
      > proposal or plan in place prior to turning up at the BJC.
      >
      > I think it would be a benefit if rather than organising the next BJC
      > one year
      > before the event it was changed to being organisied 2 years in
      > advance more like
      > the EJC is.

      This has happened in the past, but until we start to get more than one
      team putting forward a proposal at the business meeting, it's not
      going to happen again! Anyone want to start thinking about 2011 now?

      Of course, you could say that 2 years gives a team longer to screw
      up... (Anyone remember Oxford?)

      The Void
      Black wrists
    • Mini Mansell
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 25, 2009
        HI Nigel.

        2014 would be cool.

        Advice before then though would be to organise a few smaller juggling
        conventions. The knowledge gained will help you so much with your bid to
        host BJC.

        Mini

        Well I'm thinking of running the convention in 2014, is that enough planning
        time?

        Nigel

        > > > I think the key thing that is required is a change in the attitude
        > > > towards BJC
        > > > organisation and planning.
        > > >
        > > > In recent years the next location for BJC has been decided at the
        > > > BJC business
        > > > meeting and the people putting forward proposals have not really
        got
        > > > any form of
        > > > proposal or plan in place prior to turning up at the BJC.
        > > >
        > > > I think it would be a benefit if rather than organising the next
        BJC
        > > > one year
        > > > before the event it was changed to being organisied 2 years in
        > > > advance more like
        > > > the EJC is.
        > >
        > > This has happened in the past, but until we start to get more than
        one
        > > team putting forward a proposal at the business meeting, it's not
        > > going to happen again! Anyone want to start thinking about 2011 now?
        > >
        > > Of course, you could say that 2 years gives a team longer to screw
        > > up... (Anyone remember Oxford?)
        > >
        > > The Void
        > > Black wrists
        > >

        > Yep that's what we tried to do with the Notts BJC (on advice from the
        > Derby crew who organised a BJC in a year) . . we proposed it at Perth
        > '05 and were prepared to see no BJC in 2006 if noone else came forward
        > (hooray for Bodmin) so that we would have the full 2 years and also to
        > try and promote the 2 year planning cycle . . . . unfortunately people
        > aren't queuing up to run BJC's for obvious reasons and the two year
        > plan has only worked twice in my memory of 12 BJC's (York 2K and
        > Nottingham' 07)
        >
        > Marty

        . . . sorry Plumsie - although i still agree with you - that's the
        culture we should be trying to promote at each years convention meeting .