Re: [uk_jugglers] circus workshop network and post codes

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2009
      Happy New Year to All,

      having had a bit too much free time over christmas, and having found a
      bunch of free post code data kicking around the interweb
      (http://www.npemap.org.uk/ is very handy), I've updated
      circusworkshop.net to include a post code search to make it a bit easier
      to find out who's nearest ...

      ...which is all well and good, except I don't have everyone's post codes
      who's on it. I've dug some off them off web sites and the like, but if
      you've previously sent me your info, and it didn't have a post code in
      it (being as I never asked for one), then you might like to send me one
      now .... or you'll end up on the bottom of the all the searches.....sorry.

      www.loadeddice.co.uk
    • jonathan the jester
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hi Glyn.,

        Happy New Year.

        Have you heard anything from Latvia? We haven't.

        Our postcode is SP5 3TA

        Love Pauline and Jonathan

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
          Salisbury Circus and Juggling Club meets at a new venue on Thursday 8th Jan and Thursday 22 Jan.

          6 til 8 families, small kids and beginers.
          7 til 8 All welcome
          8 til 9 Older kids, Adults and Experts only.

          £3.50 kids,
          £4.50 over 16s.

          At St Francis Church Hall,
          Beatrice Road, off Castle Road
          Salisbury.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hi All,

            just to let you know that we're opening the club in hitchin again for
            the winter season as of this wednesday evening if anyone fancies popping
            down to join us

            details at http://bam.boozle.me.uk/meeting.htm

            www.loadeddice.co.uk
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2009
              On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 17:01 +0000, Glyn Hanton wrote:
              > Hi All,
              >
              > just to let you know that we're opening the club in hitchin again for
              > the winter season as of this wednesday evening if anyone fancies
              > popping
              > down to join us
              >
              > details at http://bam.boozle.me.uk/meeting.htm

              Doesn't say what time?

              Too short notice - will try to make it next week

              Mark

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2009
                Ooops, 7:30 til 11pm

                should also mention it's attached to a bar, so over 16's only.

                hope to see there at some point.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2009
                  I didn't get the original of this. I think I might not be getting all of the messages, they seem a bit thin lately...

                  Can anybody shed any light on this?

                  Mark wrote:
                  > On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 17:01 +0000, Glyn Hanton wrote:
                  >
                  >> Hi All,
                  >>
                  >> just to let you know that we're opening the club in hitchin again for
                  >> the winter season as of this wednesday evening if anyone fancies
                  >> popping
                  >> down to join us
                  >>
                  >> details at http://bam.boozle.me.uk/meeting.htm

                  www.loadeddice.co.uk

                • Jay Linn
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2009
                    --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan the jester"
                    <j.jester@...> wrote:

                    > I didn't get the original of this. I think I might not be getting
                    all of the messages, they seem a bit thin lately...

                    > Can anybody shed any light on this?

                    Yes. Yahoo! groups is shite, and the way it handles mail and
                    especially threading of mail is shite on a stick. It sucks really
                    hard.

                    Yahoo! also insist on identifying some people as having bouncing
                    email, and then arbitrarily stop sending them group messages, without
                    bothering to notify them. As I said, Yahoo! is shite.

                    You, Jonathan, have an appalling record of opening new UK_J threads
                    by replying to old ones, thereby screwing the already screwed message
                    threading, but the reason that happens is probably that you use your
                    email client to reply and to post, and Yahoo! groups being shite, it
                    gets it's knickers in a twist, so it's not actually your fault.
                    Hurrah!

                    My advice to you would be to only ever post to and read from UK_J via
                    the web interface and don't go anywhere near your email client for
                    UK_J. Which is about as helpful as advising you to hop if you've
                    broken your leg. Sorry about that, but Yahoo! is shite.

                    Personally, I'd like to see the Yahoo! UK_J group (which is shite)
                    just host a redirect to a Wordpress or Joomla domain somewhere else.

                    Hey ho. Have fun.

                    --
                    Jay