Call for funding applications

  • Emily Winch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      CALL FOR FUNDING APPLICATIONS

      Deadline: October 31st.

      South Yorkshire Circus Events Ltd, after the success of the 2008
      British Juggling Convention, has a small fund available to provide
      grants for circus performers, events and teaching in the UK,
      particularly (but not only) in South Yorkshire.

      We are interested in using our money to help make projects
      self-sustaining, or to fund projects whose benefits will continue
      after the money is spent. Applications that take this into
      consideration will be more likely to receive funding. For example, if
      your project introduces children to circus skills, is there somewhere
      local for them to continue with their interest after the project is
      completed? If you are starting a circus skills club, can you explain
      how the club will become self-funding?

      If you don't know whether your idea is suitable, feel free to contact
      us to talk about it.

      If you would like to apply for funding, please drop us a line to
      emily@.... Tell us what exactly you will be spending the
      money on and how much you would like. If the money is for part of a
      larger program or event, we would like some details of that; if it is
      for development of an act, we would like to know something about the
      artist and about the act; and so on. We may contact you to ask further
      questions.

      A condition of any funding is that you provide us with some evidence
      of what you did with it; for example, photos, testimonials from
      workshop participants, copies of flyers, etc.

      Applications must reach our inbox before 31st October. However, we
      reserve the right to allocate some or all of the funding before this
      date. We will notify all applicants of the success or otherwise of
      their application by the end of November at the latest.

      SYCE may also be able to provide small loans for circus events, please
      contact us for details.

      Please forward this message to any individuals or groups who you think
      may benefit from it. Our apologies to those who receive it more than
      once.