Re: [uk_jugglers] glowballs for sale?

    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2008
      Or you might find a way of repairing them. I think the expensive bit is all of the resiliant electrical stuff inside.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 15, 2008
        On 15 May 2008, at 13:24, Jonathan the Jester wrote:

        > Or you might find a way of repairing them

        Yea, just stick a bit of gaffa over the split, no-one will notice...

        As I understand it (though I'm just repeating hearsay (heresy?), so I
        could easily be wrong), Aerotech no longer have the moulds for the
        older balls, which is why they're not getting repaired. More here:
        http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/873046/
        page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

        N.

        --------------------------------
        Only 6% of the eligible UK population donate blood.
        What's your excuse?
        http://www.blood.co.uk
        Message 3 of 8 , May 19, 2008
          Mark Wiggins wrote:
          > Annette Gliwa wrote:
          >> Hi all
          >> Got following problem:
          >> one of three white aerotec glow balls split (hardly used at all grrrrrr.....)
          >> Bad new is: they weren't mine.
          >> I have to replace them now but aerotec stopped making them (don't know why really - I quite liked them apart from that splitting one)
          >> however.
          >
          > Annette,
          >
          > Just a thought - is it worth you (or the owner) complaining to Aerotech
          > quoting the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)? It depends on how old
          > they are but don't be put off by the "if they're over 12 months, they're
          > out of warranty" malarky.

          It's worth remembering that Aerotech are a very small company run by
          jugglers (IIRC) and will almost certainly do their best to help out
          other jugglers. Bringing legal issues into this won't necessarily help
          anyone.

          Charlie

          Message 4 of 8 , May 19, 2008
            Charlie Hull wrote:

            > It's worth remembering that Aerotech are a very small company run by
            > jugglers (IIRC) and will almost certainly do their best to help out
            > other jugglers. Bringing legal issues into this won't necessarily help
            > anyone.
            >
            > Charlie

            got to agree with Charlie on this one - when my Aerotechs bust just
            under a year after I'd got them, they first suggested a fix (spiking
            them quickly at a higher voltage) and when that only worked as a
            temporary fix, they replaced them all free of charge with no quibbles.
            Not the sort of people you should be taking to court to resolve issues
            with if you can help it IMO.

            my second set have bust too now but hey, now I have 5 programme-a-balls
            that cost about half of 3 aerotechs, and can do more, even if they like
            to choose their own patterns occasionally, but then technology moves on,
            as does our knowledge of these things, as we now realise that
            rechargeable batteries only take a set amount of charges before they die
            (although now it's apparently about a 1000 recharges or something stupid)

            www.loadeddice.co.uk

          • Mark Wiggins
            Message 5 of 8 , May 19, 2008
              Glyn Hanton wrote:
              > Charlie Hull wrote:
              >> It's worth remembering that Aerotech are a very small company run by
              >> jugglers (IIRC) and will almost certainly do their best to help out
              >> other jugglers. Bringing legal issues into this won't necessarily help
              >> anyone.
              >>
              >> Charlie
              >>
              > got to agree with Charlie on this one - when my Aerotechs bust just
              > under a year after I'd got them, they first suggested a fix (spiking
              > them quickly at a higher voltage) and when that only worked as a
              > temporary fix, they replaced them all free of charge with no quibbles.
              > Not the sort of people you should be taking to court to resolve issues
              > with if you can help it IMO.

              Er, who said anything about taking anyone to court? I merely suggested
              that, rather than go out and buy replacements, this might be something
              to take back to Aerotech. I have no idea how old these globalls are but
              since they're described as lightly used it's possible that they're not
              very old.

              Knowing your rights doesn't mean you go running at people threatening
              court action. Many people do not know their rights - and many companies
              (large and small) take advantage of that.

              It seems to me that all three of us are saying speak to Aerotech and
              they'll sort you out. Great.

              Regards,
              Mark.
              Message 6 of 8 , May 19, 2008
                Glyn Hanton wrote:
                > my second set have bust too now but hey, now I have 5 programme-a-balls
                > that cost about half of 3 aerotechs, and can do more, even if they like
                > to choose their own patterns occasionally, but then technology moves on,
                > as does our knowledge of these things, as we now realise that
                > rechargeable batteries only take a set amount of charges before they die
                > (although now it's apparently about a 1000 recharges or something stupid)
                oops - as a mate of the man who makes them I should probably add a
                declaration of interests in case that reads like an advert

                "you can also get other glowing juggling balls" etc etc

                www.loadeddice.co.uk