Re: [uk_jugglers] Re: cross post from Jugconorg

  • Danny Colyer
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
      On 30/01/2008 09:19, martinkingsheard wrote:
      > Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. of course i've now realised that world
      > juggling day
      > is that weekend too and don't really want to collide with the weekend
      > in the lakes. Howzabout the weekend before??

      June 14/15 is also the first weekend of Bike Week, which means it would
      clash with at least 2 cycling events that I'm already having to choose
      between. Ditto the following weekend, at the end of Bike Week. Dunno
      how much clashing with Bike Week events might affect attendance by other
      jugglers (some of those events book entertainers), but for me the bike
      events would win.

      The only clash on my calendar for the weekend before is the World Naked
      Bike Ride on 7 June, which I'll only do anyway if there's an event
      locally or if I can be arsed to travel. Perhaps you could organise a
      naked unicycle ride (I did WNBR in London last year on a unicycle).

      I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

      --
      Danny Colyer ( d@... )
      <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
        > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

        Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for halloween and in
        spite of it being in the middle of restoration will make for a super
        nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the weather for it to
        spill out on to the beach.....

        fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we organise a naked
        unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!

        marty
      • Plumsie
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
          Well if the weekend doesn't clash with any of the other events I am going to around then then I will do my best to make it

          Are you planning to go for the weekend before WJD then?

          Plumsie.

          Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?

          > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

          Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for halloween and in

          spite of it being in the middle of restoration will make for a super

          nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the weather for it to

          spill out on to the beach.....

          fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we organise a naked

          unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!

          marty

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

        • dave booth
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
            Hoo Boo i,m working 7/8 never mind......
            --- martinkingsheard <mad@...> wrote:

            > > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention
            > on a North Wales pier.
            > >

            > Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for
            > halloween and in
            > spite of it being in the middle of restoration will
            > make for a super
            > nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the
            > weather for it to
            > spill out on to the beach.....
            >
            > fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we
            > organise a naked
            > unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!
            >
            > marty

            Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/
          • Danny Colyer
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
              On 30/01/2008 21:40, Plumsie wrote:
              > Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?

              I experimented with different saddles beforehand (riding up and down my
              hall). The one that's held together with gaffer tape was quickly ruled out!

              I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It probably
              helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well lubricated by
              sweat.

              --
              Danny Colyer ( d@... )
              <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                Danny Colyer wrote:

                > I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It probably
                > helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well lubricated by
                > sweat.

                You know, I'd just enjoyed a lovely breakfast before I read that. Now I
                have to go and scrub out my mind with a brillo pad...

              • Jay Linn
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                  --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, Danny Colyer <d@...> wrote:

                  > On 30/01/2008 21:40, Plumsie wrote:
                  > > Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?
                  >
                  > I experimented with different saddles beforehand (riding up and
                  down my
                  > hall). The one that's held together with gaffer tape was quickly
                  ruled out!

                  > I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It
                  probably
                  > helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well
                  lubricated by
                  > sweat.

                  Too.

                  Much.

                  Information.

                  --
                  Jay Linn

                  Godiva will be spinning in her grave.
                • dave booth
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                    Danny Colyer's sweaty trumpet....now tomorrow is the
                    start of a new month.Let that thought for the day
                    remain strictly in January.......

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Oh and by the way I think Danny meant a KY velo
                      saddle......

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
                        On 31/01/2008 11:31, dave booth wrote:
                        > Danny Colyer's sweaty trumpet....now tomorrow is the
                        > start of a new month.Let that thought for the day
                        > remain strictly in January.......

                        OK.

                        Whoops, sorry.

                        --
                        Danny Colyer ( d@... )
                        <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
                          ok here it is, the official info on Party on the Pier - Welsh Juggling
                          Convention:

                          7th & 8th june 2008

                          colwyn bay pier, north wales

                          Party on the Pier is the ONLY juggling and circus skills convention in
                          the WORLD to take place on a pier (as far as we know).

                          Join us for two days of juggling, circus skills, workshops and a
                          classic north wales mid-summer holiday on the beach.

                          Colwyn Bay Pier is currently undergoing restoration and the main 24
                          juggling hall is the ballroom of the original Victorian pavilion the
                          restoration of which is incomplete but will provide a great focus for
                          what we hope will be a memorable two days.

                          Camping at a local campsite
                          Late Bar and Café available on the pier
                          Jesters trade stall
                          Public Show
                          24 hour juggling
                          Easy access to the sights and sounds of North Wales

                          Hope to see you there

                          Marty