RE: [uk_jugglers] Re: cross post from Jugconorg

  • lynne granger
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
      Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. of course i've now realised that world

      juggling day

      is that weekend too and don't really want to collide with the weekend

      in the lakes. Howzabout the weekend before??

      Yes, WJD was going to be my comment about timing.
      Does sound like a great venue though and would be a pity not to take advantage.
      Shame I'll be working the weekend before but obviously that isn't a reason not to do it. Midsummer the week after though and I could go to the lakes and camp for the whole week before going onto Wales - sorry - just thinking/writing out loud and dreaming of summertime.

      Good luck

      Lynne

    • Danny Colyer
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
        On 30/01/2008 09:19, martinkingsheard wrote:
        > Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. of course i've now realised that world
        > juggling day
        > is that weekend too and don't really want to collide with the weekend
        > in the lakes. Howzabout the weekend before??

        June 14/15 is also the first weekend of Bike Week, which means it would
        clash with at least 2 cycling events that I'm already having to choose
        between. Ditto the following weekend, at the end of Bike Week. Dunno
        how much clashing with Bike Week events might affect attendance by other
        jugglers (some of those events book entertainers), but for me the bike
        events would win.

        The only clash on my calendar for the weekend before is the World Naked
        Bike Ride on 7 June, which I'll only do anyway if there's an event
        locally or if I can be arsed to travel. Perhaps you could organise a
        naked unicycle ride (I did WNBR in London last year on a unicycle).

        I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

        --
        Danny Colyer ( d@... )
        <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
          > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

          Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for halloween and in
          spite of it being in the middle of restoration will make for a super
          nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the weather for it to
          spill out on to the beach.....

          fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we organise a naked
          unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!

          marty
        • Plumsie
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
            Well if the weekend doesn't clash with any of the other events I am going to around then then I will do my best to make it

            Are you planning to go for the weekend before WJD then?

            Plumsie.

            Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?

            > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention on a North Wales pier.

            Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for halloween and in

            spite of it being in the middle of restoration will make for a super

            nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the weather for it to

            spill out on to the beach.....

            fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we organise a naked

            unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!

            marty

            <!--

            #ygrp-mkp{
            #ygrp-mkp hr{
            border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
            #ygrp-mkp #hd{
            #ygrp-mkp #ads{
            margin-bottom:10px;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad{
            padding:0 0;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
            color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
            font-family:Arial;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
            margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{
            font-family:Georgia;
            }
            #ygrp-text p{
            margin:0 0 1em 0;}
            #ygrp-tpmsgs{
            font-family:Arial;
            clear:both;}
            #ygrp-vitnav{
            #ygrp-vitnav a{
            padding:0 1px;}
            #ygrp-actbar{
            #ygrp-actbar .left{
            float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
            .bld{font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-grft{
            #ygrp-ft{
            padding:5px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
            padding-bottom:10px;}

            #ygrp-vital{
            #ygrp-vital #vithd{
            #ygrp-vital ul{
            padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
            #ygrp-vital ul li{
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-vital a{
            text-decoration:none;}

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            color:#999;font-size:77%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            padding:8px 0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            text-decoration:none;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            margin:0;}
            o{font-size:0;}
            .MsoNormal{
            margin:0 0 0 0;}
            #ygrp-text tt{
            font-size:120%;}
            blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            .replbq{margin:4;}
            -->

          • dave booth
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
              Hoo Boo i,m working 7/8 never mind......
              --- martinkingsheard <mad@...> wrote:

              > > I rather like the idea of a midsummer convention
              > on a North Wales pier.
              > >

              > Thanks danny i was inspired at a gig i did there for
              > halloween and in
              > spite of it being in the middle of restoration will
              > make for a super
              > nice, chilled convention space with hopefully the
              > weather for it to
              > spill out on to the beach.....
              >
              > fascinated by 'the naked bike ride' - couldn;t we
              > organise a naked
              > unicycle ride on a pier in colwyn bay?!
              >
              > marty

              Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/
            • Danny Colyer
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                On 30/01/2008 21:40, Plumsie wrote:
                > Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?

                I experimented with different saddles beforehand (riding up and down my
                hall). The one that's held together with gaffer tape was quickly ruled out!

                I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It probably
                helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well lubricated by
                sweat.

                --
                Danny Colyer ( d@... )
                <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Danny Colyer wrote:

                  > I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It probably
                  > helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well lubricated by
                  > sweat.

                  You know, I'd just enjoyed a lovely breakfast before I read that. Now I
                  have to go and scrub out my mind with a brillo pad...

                • Jay Linn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                    --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, Danny Colyer <d@...> wrote:

                    > On 30/01/2008 21:40, Plumsie wrote:
                    > > Wouldn't riding a unicycle naked cause some serious chaffing?
                    >
                    > I experimented with different saddles beforehand (riding up and
                    down my
                    > hall). The one that's held together with gaffer tape was quickly
                    ruled out!

                    > I had no chafing problems at all riding a KH Velo saddle. It
                    probably
                    > helped that it was a very hot day and the saddle was well
                    lubricated by
                    > sweat.

                    Too.

                    Much.

                    Information.

                    --
                    Jay Linn

                    Godiva will be spinning in her grave.
                  • dave booth
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Danny Colyer's sweaty trumpet....now tomorrow is the
                      start of a new month.Let that thought for the day
                      remain strictly in January.......

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                        Oh and by the way I think Danny meant a KY velo
                        saddle......

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
                          On 31/01/2008 11:31, dave booth wrote:
                          > Danny Colyer's sweaty trumpet....now tomorrow is the
                          > start of a new month.Let that thought for the day
                          > remain strictly in January.......

                          OK.

                          Whoops, sorry.

                          --
                          Danny Colyer ( d@... )
                          <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
                            ok here it is, the official info on Party on the Pier - Welsh Juggling
                            Convention:

                            7th & 8th june 2008

                            colwyn bay pier, north wales

                            Party on the Pier is the ONLY juggling and circus skills convention in
                            the WORLD to take place on a pier (as far as we know).

                            Join us for two days of juggling, circus skills, workshops and a
                            classic north wales mid-summer holiday on the beach.

                            Colwyn Bay Pier is currently undergoing restoration and the main 24
                            juggling hall is the ballroom of the original Victorian pavilion the
                            restoration of which is incomplete but will provide a great focus for
                            what we hope will be a memorable two days.

                            Camping at a local campsite
                            Late Bar and Café available on the pier
                            Jesters trade stall
                            Public Show
                            24 hour juggling
                            Easy access to the sights and sounds of North Wales

                            Hope to see you there

                            Marty