Re: [uk_jugglers] workshops for schools

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 21, 2007
      WFS have been around a while now, also trading as "Street Dance
      Workshop Ltd", and their main business is (surprise surprise) street
      dance workshops in schools.

      There is one very important difference between them and the other
      company that Mini mentioned: If you do a job for WFS you'll receive a
      cheque for it 7-10 days later. (Yes, I know, I could've ended that last
      sentence at the "it" and had it still be a valid point...)

      N.

      --------------------------------
      Only 6% of the eligible UK population donate blood.
      What's your excuse?
      http://www.blood.co.uk
    • dave booth
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 22, 2007
        Some people are quite happy with £130.00 per day. multiply it by 5 and you have a sum far and above the national average. after all they have found you the work and remember you dont have to do it.Firms in whatever industry will make lots of money out of others,always have and always will. why should our industry be any different? sad but true..

        ------------ --------- --------- --
        Only 6% of the eligible UK population donate blood.
        What's your excuse?
        http://www.blood co.uk

      • Mini
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 22, 2007
          Your both right i am just soured by my dealings with splat so i should not judge every rip off company the same

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • dave booth
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 22, 2007
            mini,i do know where you are coming from,nobody likes getting ripped off.but how is this for a mark up?my daughter went to her school prom.Dress should of cost£400.00.but my cousin supplies dresses to the shops and said we could have one for the same price she supplies shops for.How much? £67.50. now if she supplies the shops and gets £67.50 what is she buying them in at.? I know its totally off topic but just a ridiculous example of rip off.the mind boggles...good luck anyways....

[...]

            http://uk.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44106/ *http://mail. yahoo.net/ uk

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
              Did a gig yesterday, there was a girl from Splats. She did exactly what it says on the tin and from the clients point of view it looked very well run.

              I didn't ask what money she was on but splats do an amazing circus bag and a certificate. Splats are the McDonalds of the juggling world. I don't like McDonalds but I can see what the attraction is.

              Splats are still infinately better employers than say Butlins or Haven and pay much better by the sound of things.

              I am not condoning or condemning but please feel free to scream at me if I am wrong.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 28, 2007
                I did that gig, and she may have done her job, but some of the
                helpers there didn't like it much, and preferred my workshop. They
                thought the splats workshop was to easy, and that mine challanged the
                kids. And they wanted to challange the kids abilities, they were
                speacial needs kids, and the helpers thought that was good for them.
                One of them even said it.

                Pixie

                www.pixiejester.co.uk

                --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan the Jester"
                <j.jester@...> wrote:

                > Did a gig yesterday, there was a girl from Splats. She did exactly
                what it says on the tin and from the clients point of view it looked
                very well run.

                > I didn't ask what money she was on but splats do an amazing circus
                bag and a certificate. Splats are the McDonalds of the juggling
                world. I don't like McDonalds but I can see what the attraction is.

                > Splats are still infinately better employers than say Butlins or
                Haven and pay much better by the sound of things.

                > I am not condoning or condemning but please feel free to scream at
                me if I am wrong.

                > Jonathan

                20/06/2007 14:18

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 28, 2007
                  You are very good with people with special needs and I agree challenging them is an important thing.

                  <j.jester@...> wrote:

                  > Did a gig yesterday, there was a girl from Splats. She did exactly
                  what it says on the tin and from the clients point of view it looked
                  very well run.

                  > I didn't ask what money she was on but splats do an amazing circus
                  bag and a certificate. Splats are the McDonalds of the juggling
                  world. I don't like McDonalds but I can see what the attraction is.

                  > Splats are still infinately better employers than say Butlins or
                  Haven and pay much better by the sound of things.

                  > I am not condoning or condemning but please feel free to scream at
                  me if I am wrong.

                  > Jonathan

                  20/06/2007 14:18

                • Pauline
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2007
                    And one more thing. She was giving out spinning plates as prizes for
                    something, but I don't know how much she was teaching them. I had one
                    kid with a plate he got from her but didn't know how to get it
                    spinning. In the 15 minutes I was working with him, he left my
                    workshop able to spinning that plate and do some simple tricks with
                    it. He even came back at the end of the day to show he could stil do

                    <j.jester@...> wrote:

                    > You are very good with people with special needs and I agree
                    challenging them is an important thing.

                    25/06/2007 09:43

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2007
                      On 29 Jun 2007, at 10:59, Pauline wrote:

                      > She was giving out spinning plates as prizes for
                      > something

                      Wow, that's really rubbing it in, isn't it.. They supply the teachers
                      with giveaways that the kids can have for nominal achievements while at
                      the same time not supplying the teachers with monies for the
                      achievement of working all day...
                      Since the collapse of communism there have been cases in Russia of
                      factory workers being paid in the product they are manufacturing as the
                      factory doesn't have the cash to pay them, so you'll see sights like
                      people at the roadside trying to sell the toilet rolls they got as
                      wages so as to buy food... How long before we see splats teachers at
                      conventions desperately trying to sell spinning plates?
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 29, 2007
                        Pauline. I would like to renegotiate your fees...