Re: [uk_jugglers] Re: gig in henley on thames.

  • dave booth
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
      When I do their other work I get £200.00 a day.But I
      sell juggling stuff as well so I am more than
      happy.The gig I do for them at Syon House is a very
      laid back affair.Totally good people in really nice
      surroundings.Be realistic guys cos it leads to lots of
      enquiries.Obviously these are not any use to me cos I
      live oop north.The only reason I travel down to
      Londinium for the other one is that I meet up with
      some of the other crafties and have a good weekend.Let
      me know how you get on.Dave Jelly.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Adam George
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
        Hi All,

        I am looking for a reliable Female Grinder Act for a Nightclub Podium on
        the 24th March. Venue is Swansea, South Wales.

        If they need accommodation for the night they are welcome to stay at mine.

        E-mail me off group if you are interested - experienced reliable people
        only please.

        adamNOSPAM@...

        cheers
        Adam
        InHouse Entertainments
        www.inhouseents.co.uk
      • Danny Colyer
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
          Adam George wrote:
          > I am looking for a reliable Female Grinder Act for a Nightclub Podium on
          > the 24th March. Venue is Swansea, South Wales.

          WTF is a "Grinder Act"?

          From the rest of the post, particularly this bit:
          > If they need accommodation for the night they are welcome to stay at mine.

          I infer that you're after a raunchy go-go dancer. In which case, is
          this really an appropriate place to advertise?

          Apologies if I've got this wrong and you're really after someone to
          spend all night doing diabolo stick grinds in the middle of a night club.

          --
          Danny Colyer ( d@... )
          <http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
            Danny sometimes the circus arts cross over and while this is a jugglers
            group, some of us are multitalented. We have jesters and I know of two male
            strippers that do fire work who are on this group, and so are some childrens
            entertainers. There are trapeze artists and even a few singers.

            Adam is offering work and asking for help. Good for him.

            >> I am looking for a reliable Female Grinder Act for a Nightclub Podium on
            >> the 24th March. Venue is Swansea, South Wales.
            >
            > WTF is a "Grinder Act"?
            >
            > From the rest of the post, particularly this bit:
            >> If they need accommodation for the night they are welcome to stay at
            >> mine.
            >
            > I infer that you're after a raunchy go-go dancer. In which case, is
            > this really an appropriate place to advertise?
            >
            > Apologies if I've got this wrong and you're really after someone to
            > spend all night doing diabolo stick grinds in the middle of a night club.
            >
            > --
            > Danny Colyer ( d@... )
            > <http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>
            > Subscribe to PlusNet <http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>
            > "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

            > --

          • dave booth
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
              Think you are both wrong. he just wants someone to go
              and stay,the gig never exists.lol. seriously though
              you both have valid points of view.very interesting.By
              the way i,ve just used a grinder to remove a bit from
              my motorbike....wonder if he would be interested......

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Annette Gliwa
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 17, 2006
                Juppy, got the gig!
                Actually quoted exactly what Dave quoted last year! Just a nice round (relatively low) figure.
                I think what finaly got me the advantage is the picture of my silver living statue on my website which remindet the guy that booked me of a living statue he has seen and liked in Glasgow. Not that a Circus Workshop has got anything to do with living statue... but it just created a positiv memory in that guys head...
                usual randomness I guess!
                Thanks Dave.
                Annette

                dave booth <davejellybean@...> wrote:

                Annette,have had loads of replies to this but give the
                organiser a bell anyways.Guy called rob chapman on
                01622 747 246. A nice guy to deal with. good luck
                anyways. Dave Jellybean.

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Juggling Hobby Juggler Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby

                ---------------------------------

              • Adam George
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                  Exactly! I am looking for a Female Angle Grinding Act for a nightclub
                  opening. Nothing go go about that!

                  Has to be female because thats what my client requested. The stay at
                  mine thing is because most good acts are London based and the fact that
                  they wouldn't want to drive home at 2AM.

                  If you don't know what it is then google will help you out on that one.

                  Cheers for the response I have had anyway guys managed to track one down
                  in London.

                  Adam

                • n.schaay@virgin.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                    "because most good acts are London based"well f*** you very much sir!! ;-)I think there might be a few folk living in Bristol who'd argue with that.. And Manchester, and Edinburgh, and...( If you're still looking I might be able to help.. but she lives here in manchester, is that alright wwith your South-East-centric view of things?? ;-) )N.

                  • Danny Colyer
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                      Adam George wrote:
                      > Exactly! I am looking for a Female Angle Grinding Act for a nightclub
                      > opening. Nothing go go about that!
                      >
                      > If you don't know what it is then google will help you out on that one.

                      None of the searches that I tried before requesting clarification was a
                      lot of help. I mostly found organ grinders, which you wouldn't really
                      expect to see on a nightclub podium.

                      The addition of the word "angle" (not mentioned in the OP) makes quite a
                      difference in knowing what to look for.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                        Anyone who would of been any help knows what a Grinder is.

                        I have had the help I needed now anyway.

                        Adam

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                          I dont live in londinium but me mum thinks i,m brilliant.....

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Danny Colyer
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 18, 2006
                            Adam George wrote:
                            > Anyone who would of been any help knows what a Grinder is.

                            I would think it polite, when sending an e-mail to over 400 people, to
                            word it in such a way that even those who may not be able to help you on
                            this occasion have a reasonable chance of understanding what's landing
                            in their inbox.

                            Anyway, I'm glad you've found what you were after, and I'm sorry that my
                            mind conjured up completely the wrong image when presented with a
                            request for a woman to grind on a nightclub podium.