RE: [uk_jugglers] Re: 1st Ellesmere Port Circus Convention: Harry Potter

  • Adam George
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 15, 2005
      Too true Mini!

      Adam

      _____

      InHouse Entertainments

      "...for All your Entertainment needs"

      www.inhouseents.co.uk

      -----Original Message-----
      From: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of mini mansell
      Sent: 14 June 2005 21:17
      To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [uk_jugglers] Re: 1st Ellesmere Port Circus Convention:
      Harry Potter

      > Now for the secrets I've been holding back until now.
      > Luke Burrage:"British Juggling Legend" will be doing a brand new set
      > in the main show.
      > and
      > Thomas Norbert Stanley Bunker-Whitney (Norbi to you and me):"British
      > Young Juggler of the Year 2005 Judges Choice" will be doing his ring
      > routine in the main show and may show his diabolo skills off too.
      > These two great jugglers will be showing us their skills in EPCC's
      > main show.
      >
      > Bill.

      i cant believe your thinkin that Luke performing was a secret. its
      just
      assumed these days.

      he is like a bad rash. appears all over the place.

      hehehehe

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • gingerbeardedboy
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 20, 2005
        I've made a few changes to the website ( http://epcc.atspace.com/ )
        including the size of the halls.
      • gingerbeardedboy
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 29, 2005
          I now have a poster about EPCC found here:
          http://img3.picsplace.to/img3/95/bill1.jpg
          Could you please print it off and put it somewhere relivant as that
          would be a great help. Any juggling clubs, shops or conventions would
          be amazing.

          Thanks Bill
        • mini mansell
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 29, 2005
            aarrgghh nooooo

            i was even going to go to as well. now i see its gonna be full of clowns
            juggling impossible patterns.

            >I now have a poster about EPCC found here:
            > http://img3.picsplace.to/img3/95/bill1.jpg
            > Could you please print it off and put it somewhere relivant as that
            > would be a great help. Any juggling clubs, shops or conventions would
            > be amazing.
            >
            > Thanks Bill
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • gingerbeardedboy
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 29, 2005
              The poster was made by a none juggler so that explains the clown and
              impossible trick but it's alot better than anything I could do so I
              think it's great.
            • graham8036
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 29, 2005
                --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "gingerbeardedboy"
                <gingerbeardedboy@h...> wrote:
                > The poster was made by a none juggler so that explains the clown and
                > impossible trick but it's alot better than anything I could do so I
                > think it's great.

                Its a good poster for atracting NON jugglers to the show. Try and have
                another made up for the jugglers.

                Graham
              • Paul Seward
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                  --On 30 June 2005 06:58 +0000 graham8036 <graham.benson1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Its a good poster for atracting NON jugglers to the show. Try and have
                  > another made up for the jugglers.

                  And if you are expecting people to print out a number of them, go
                  for something that isn't a full page of colour.

                  If I were to print that poster out it would suck up most of the (very
                  expensive) ink in my printer.

                  Something in black and white that doesn't eat ink is much more likely
                  to be printed by kind hearted peeps on the intermaweb.

                  -Paul
                • Adam George
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                    Family day out? Are you advertising it to the general public to come and
                    watch?

                    Adam

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                      Nope I'm only advertising at Juggling Stores, Conventions and Clubs so
                      only jugglers will see it.
                    • robfirey
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                        So theres gonna be ariel rigging, tumbling / acro mats, tightrope, etc. because it's a circus convention right. So why are all the acts jugglers? Sounds like another juggling convention to me.
                        Have fun !!!
                        Trolls don't you love em?

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                          I called it circus convention because if I say juggling convention
                          then people don't think of the other types of juggling/circus
                          activities like diabolo, contact, staff, poi, yo-yo, unicycle,
                          snakeboard etc. The Birmingham Convention was called BCC so as my
                          convention will be in the same mold so I thought it should be a circus
                          convention. There is mats, climbing ropes, rings that a may be able to
                          get out at a push. So really it should be "Ellesmere Port Skill Toy
                          and Artistic Skills 1 Day Meet Up" but it didn't sound as good as
                          EPCC, he he.
                        • Myron Fairweather
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                            Unless I've missed it, no-one's mentioned that the normal spelling is
                            "amateur".

                            If there is going to be a show of amatures, then could someone please post
                            some photos afterwards.

                            Myron

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                              god you lot are a critical bunch arent ya :)
                            • gingerbeardedboy
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 30, 2005
                                Poster with spelling mistake corrected so I'm sorry if you printed off
                                the one with the mistake on it.
                                http://img3.picsplace.to/img3/99/EPCC_Poster.jpg
                              • gingerbeardedboy
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 13, 2005
                                  As you will know from checking http://epcc.atspace.com/ the convention
                                  is this Saturday but I'm sorry to say that the contact juggling
                                  workshop is called off as Ryan has an offer for some real work so he
                                  has to miss the convention. If you could run the workshop then please
                                  get into contact with me and we'll sort something out. If you are
                                  entering the renegade show then please send the music you are using so
                                  I can see if I already own it and whenever you need to bring it
                                  yourself also if you are entering the renegade it would be nice if you
                                  could just email me before hand so I can have an idea of numbers.
                                • mini mansell
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 13, 2005
                                    If you are
                                    > entering the renegade show then please send the music you are using so
                                    > I can see if I already own it and whenever you need to bring it
                                    > yourself also if you are entering the renegade it would be nice if you
                                    > could just email me before hand so I can have an idea of numbers.

                                    wow what a nice idea!

                                    a pre planned Renegade show..

                                    is this a contradiction?
                                  • gingerbeardedboy
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 13, 2005
                                      So Mini should it be called an Open Stage then if I want to be 100% right?
                                    • Dave Barnes
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 13, 2005
                                        On 7/13/05, gingerbeardedboy <gingerbeardedboy@...> wrote:
                                        > So Mini should it be called an Open Stage then if I want to be 100% right?

                                        To me, it seems like the word 'renegade' gets used for all sorts of
                                        things these days. Commonly, it means 'badly run show', and has
                                        nothing to do with what I would think of as a true renegade (which
                                        incidentally is nothing like what American renegades are like, and
                                        they're the ones who started them in the first place...).

                                        'Open stage' is closer to what I think you're aiming to get.

                                        db@...
                                      • gingerbeardedboy
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 13, 2005
                                          But in Ellesmere Port a Renegade is an almost planned Open Stage kind
                                          of thing. I'm sure people wont mind the little bit of a mix up in the
                                          end.