juggling on an advert

  • Peter Bone
    Message 1 of 7 , May 22, 2005
      There's an advert on uk terestrial tv at the moment with someone
      juggling 4 small people - I can't remember what it's for. Anyway, it
      looks like Kati of the Gandini's (not completely sure). If it is her,
      why did they need a juggler to just move their arms up and down? I
      assume she didn't actually need to juggle when filming.

      Peter
    • JAJ17190@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 22, 2005
        I was going to write about this. It's some kind of drugs andvert. Codaline I think but I'm not sure.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 22, 2005
          On 22 May 2005, at 12:17, Peter Bone wrote:

          > There's an advert on uk terestrial tv at the moment with someone
          > juggling 4 small people - I can't remember what it's for. Anyway, it
          > looks like Kati of the Gandini's (not completely sure). If it is her,
          > why did they need a juggler to just move their arms up and down? I
          > assume she didn't actually need to juggle when filming.

          It is the painkiller one that many of us got pestered about
          pre-audition and Richard Loxley was the first to mention here not so
          very long back at all.. They were looking for a female juggler 30-40
          yrs(?) who could juggle 4.. ringing any bells?? ( No, I'm not about to
          trawl the archives for which message number it is.)... Anyhow, my best
          guess is that they wanted a juggler so they had the right action going
          on and objects flying in the right pattern and moving with the
          influence of gravity upon which to paste the images of the juggled
          people... ( And anyways, the person spec was for a juggler, and the
          audition process involved juggling, so there's a pretty good chance she
          did have to juggle during filming...)

          N.

          ( And Ali.. Clashes with Bristol?? I hope you're getting _very_ well
          paid...)
        • Jonathan Saunders
          Message 4 of 7 , May 22, 2005
            On 22 May 2005, at 12:17, Peter Bone wrote:

            > There's an advert on uk terestrial tv at the moment with someone
            > juggling 4 small people - I can't remember what it's for. Anyway, it
            > looks like Kati of the Gandini's (not completely sure). If it is her,
            > why did they need a juggler to just move their arms up and down? I
            > assume she didn't actually need to juggle when filming.

            It is the painkiller one that many of us got pestered about
            pre-audition and Richard Loxley was the first to mention here not so
            very long back at all.. They were looking for a female juggler 30-40
            yrs(?) who could juggle 4.. ringing any bells?? ( No, I'm not about to
            trawl the archives for which message number it is.)... Anyhow, my best
            guess is that they wanted a juggler so they had the right action going
            on and objects flying in the right pattern and moving with the
            influence of gravity upon which to paste the images of the juggled
            people... ( And anyways, the person spec was for a juggler, and the
            audition process involved juggling, so there's a pretty good chance she
            did have to juggle during filming...)

            N.

            ( And Ali.. Clashes with Bristol?? I hope you're getting _very_ well
            paid...)

            The only problem with that though, is that, if I remember correctly, the juggling is not quite right? The jugglers hands move forwards and backwards, and not side to side. So the two "people" being juggled appear to pass through each other.

            I may just be mistaken, as I've only seen it once, but I did comment on it to a friend at the time.

          • Ali Close
            Message 5 of 7 , May 23, 2005
              <Snip>

              N.

              ( And Ali.. Clashes with Bristol?? I hope you're getting _very_ well
              paid...)
              <A> Alas, but tis a gig for a very good friend to whom I owe a very large favour so couldn't say no - - but its only for the weekend so I will still be Brizzling for the most part of it . . . Phew! You think I'd miss my visit home to see the family?!?!

              A.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 23, 2005
                Hi all,

                I have a lead for a gig this Saturday in Colchester. It's
                juggling/stiltwalking (the latter may not be necessary) outside a mobile
                phone shop. If you want it, contact Guy at N2O on 01753 834 124. L200 ish
                (you will have to confirm this), 11am-4pm with breaks.

                If you get it buy me a beer sometime...

                Cheers

                Charlie
                www.juggler.net/bungayballsup The tent is up, the caterers are nearly ready,
                the weather forecast is looking good, and I'm still trying to make my ruddy
                printer work.....
                Message 7 of 7 , May 23, 2005
                  Sorry this has now been filled.