Juggler.net

  • AndyN
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
      How do I go about removing my name from the Juggler.net email redirect?
      Reason being I am now getting nearly 150 spam emails a day! Everyone of them
      is addressed to my juggler.net address. I no longer use this email address
      and don't offer it as a contact address. Whilst I appreciate all the hard
      work getting this service up and running again I'm not appreciating the
      amount of spam in my inbox. I have set up filters to delete them but I just
      want my name removing! I cannot find anything on the web site telling me how
      to remove my name. Any ideas?

      Andy
    • tlmbvoid
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
        --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "AndyN" <andy@d...> wrote:
        > How do I go about removing my name from the Juggler.net email redirect?
        > Reason being I am now getting nearly 150 spam emails a day! Everyone of them
        > is addressed to my juggler.net address. I no longer use this email address
        > and don't offer it as a contact address. Whilst I appreciate all the hard
        > work getting this service up and running again I'm not appreciating the
        > amount of spam in my inbox. I have set up filters to delete them but I just
        > want my name removing! I cannot find anything on the web site telling me how
        > to remove my name. Any ideas?
        >
        > Andy

        From www.juggler.net:
        "To sign up for your free email diversion package, simply send an email to
        forwarding@... telling us what you would like your juggler.net email address to be
        (eg your_name@...) your name, and the email address you want your email
        forwarded to. - Easy! "

        Call this a wild stab in the dark, but I'd guess that a politely worded email to the above
        address might do the trick.

        The Void
        So the wood's just behind all these trees, yes?
      • AndyN
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
          Thanks Void and Miark, I'm now sorted thanks to Mini.
          Andy
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
            > How do I go about removing my name from the Juggler.net email redirect?
            > Reason being I am now getting nearly 150 spam emails a day!
            > Everyone of them
            > is addressed to my juggler.net address. I no longer use this email address
            > and don't offer it as a contact address. Whilst I appreciate all the hard
            > work getting this service up and running again I'm not appreciating the
            > amount of spam in my inbox. I have set up filters to delete them
            > but I just
            > want my name removing! I cannot find anything on the web site
            > telling me how
            > to remove my name. Any ideas?
            >
            > Andy

            Various people have asked to unsubscribe due to the amount of spam they
            recieve. We're not currently offering spam filtering (it costs more money to
            set this up basically) but we are suggesting that one way forward would be
            to point your juggler.net address at a Yahoo, Gmail or other account that
            offers free filtering, or use client side filtering software like Cloudmark
            SafetyBar (previously known as SpamNet) - this is what I use.

            Cheers

            Charlie

            ---
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
              On Monday 07 Feb 2005 09:47, Charlie Hull wrote:

              > Various people have asked to unsubscribe due to the amount of spam they
              > recieve. We're not currently offering spam filtering (it costs more money
              > to set this up basically) but we are suggesting that one way forward would
              > be to point your juggler.net address at a Yahoo, Gmail or other account
              > that offers free filtering, or use client side filtering software like
              > Cloudmark SafetyBar (previously known as SpamNet) - this is what I use.

              I would recommend getting a copy of Mozilla Thunderbird and using this to
              download and read your mail. It has a very good built-in spam detector.

              Mark