RE: [uk_jugglers] Re: Late night jugglers

  • Jaims Gibson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      ...and if there's any chance of sufficient lighting for juggling into the
      wee small hours too, that'd be extra-good!

      >From: "tlmbvoid" <void@...>
      >To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [uk_jugglers] Re: Late night jugglers
      >Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:04:11 -0000
      >

      >--- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "graham8036" <graham.benson1@b...>
      >wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All a wee question. At the BJC who juggles late at night/early
      > > morning? I have been asked for a music area at the BJC in Perth, do
      > > we give the large hall to music juggling and have the others move to
      > > the squash courts etc, or put the music in squash courts 3 to 5.
      > >
      > > Any way What sort o numbers juggle at night and who are they, does
      > > anyone know?
      >
      >I often juggle last into the night at conventions, but not every night. I
      >think there's a fairly
      >hard core of late night ravers who'll be up and playing until 4 or 5 most
      >nights.
      >
      >The Void
      >Air
      >

      > > See you in Perth
      > > Graham
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Paul Seward
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        --On 30 October 2004 16:43 +0000 graham8036
        <graham.benson1@...> wrote:

        > Hi All a wee question. At the BJC who juggles late at night/early
        > morning?

        I've been known to be still messing about until the small-medium hours
        (I'm not sure I'd class much of it as juggling though) it's definitely
        one of the more interesting times to be in the juggling hall... (And
        it's often a welcome break from the renegade/daytime crowds of irritating
        kiddiewinks)

        > I have been asked for a music area at the BJC in Perth, do
        > we give the large hall to music juggling and have the others move to
        > the squash courts etc, or put the music in squash courts 3 to 5.

        As others have said, if it's loud (band/dj) or even if the focus
        is on "music" rather than "juggling" - then I say put the music in the
        squash courts and leave the big space to play in.

        If it's a medium-quiet background music type affair then I'm sure it'll
        be a welcome addition to the main space.

        As peachi said, if it's self regulated it'll keep most happy.

        <rant>
        That is, apart from those of us who really don't want to hear fatboy
        fecking slim, the prodigy, or moby "play" at another juggling
        convention again ever - seriously people, they're all good in
        appropriate doses, but there *is* other music that you can juggle to.
        You don't have to stick the same 4 or 5 albums on every fecking year!
        (You all know who you are)
        </rant>

        > Any way What sort o numbers juggle at night

        I'd guess at an event with 800 jugglers, you'd see probably see the
        numbers tail off to about 50 of them still jugging at 5am most nights
        (the last night being an exception)

        But that's a guess, I've never actually counted.

        > See you in Perth

        Alas I won't be in perth (too far for me, and too bloody chilly! ;-)
        but I wish you all the best anyway :-)