Re: [uk_jugglers] brizzle

  • Mark Tillotson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 9, 2004
      Gavin wrote:

      >Ah excellent.. think i'll come down
      >
      >Can i bring fire clubs down if i'm only going for the day?

      Certainly - its a field, fields are outdoors!

    • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 9, 2004
        --On 09 September 2004 16:49 +0100 Gavin <gav@...> wrote:

        > Ah excellent.. think i'll come down
        >
        > Can i bring fire clubs down if i'm only going for the day?

        Only if you (and everyone else) starts spelling Bristle correctly.

        It's not "Brizzol" or "Brizzle" or any other variation containing
        a bloody Z.

        It's spelt and pronounced "Bristle", it's not in bloody Cornwall
        you know! See the Dirk Robinsons guide to the locals
        <http://evilurl.com/wankPECKERfilth> which has been widely accepted
        as the authority on the subject for the last 34 years.

        Here endeth my yearly rant.

        -Paul
        And Yes, I know, being held in Almondsbury, technically the Bristle
        Circus Convention isn't actually even in the same *county* as Bristle,
        so may not be subject to the same pronounciation as the mother city.

        But that doesn't stop "Brizzle" grating on my "Bristolian born and
        bread" ears.
      • Gavin
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 9, 2004
          Ahh ooops... Was carrying on about the gazebo thread.. where it was
          referred to as 'Brizzle' (not being a native and all that!)

          Or here:
          http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/dictionary/b.shtml

          If you want to know more about bristol.. and bristol speak.. see :

          http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk

          that be great that be!

          paul.seward@... wrote:

          > --On 09 September 2004 16:49 +0100 Gavin <gav@...> wrote:
          >

          >>Ah excellent.. think i'll come down
          >>
          >>Can i bring fire clubs down if i'm only going for the day?
          >

          > Only if you (and everyone else) starts spelling Bristle correctly.
          >
          > It's not "Brizzol" or "Brizzle" or any other variation containing
          > a bloody Z.
          >
          > It's spelt and pronounced "Bristle", it's not in bloody Cornwall
          > you know! See the Dirk Robinsons guide to the locals
          > <http://evilurl.com/wankPECKERfilth> which has been widely accepted
          > as the authority on the subject for the last 34 years.
          >
          > Here endeth my yearly rant.
          >
          > -Paul
          > And Yes, I know, being held in Almondsbury, technically the Bristle
          > Circus Convention isn't actually even in the same *county* as Bristle,
          > so may not be subject to the same pronounciation as the mother city.
          >
          > But that doesn't stop "Brizzle" grating on my "Bristolian born and
          > bread" ears.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software