Re: [uk_jugglers] BJC public show etc...

  • peachi-groups
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2004
      > john_lennon_loves <john_lennon_loves@...> wrote:
      > Just a question and a bit of a late one!!
      > Who was the best act at the BJC Public show and ur number 1
      > highlight of the event and why?
      >

      > Quick Rundown -
      >
      > Mad Pangea - great fun way to open the show.
      Obviously the best act in a public show....ever....x2.... +1
      incidentaly that was the only time we've ever done it without a drop (even in practice I think - talk about pressure making you focus ;) Just did it last night again at a Barmitzva. It funny 'cause we wear silly wigs ;)

      > Sandra & Andy - a very good routine.
      He's just got such a great smile. Could watch that for hours.

      > Matt Hall - good energy and some top moves
      Great bloke. My man of the convention.... look over HERE!

      > Max / Susan - Seem to remember quite enjoying their shows but when they combined to do the same thing
      > again, it made me forget anything I'd liked about them.
      Disagree with that I liked there stuff together and like Max's solo.

      > Team Rootberry - I think Bill Berry is great, but would like to see him without the irritating Mr. Root.
      I know what you mean but they were good fun. Bill passing shoulder throws and alberts alternately on solids was awesome - cross leg uncorss leg, smooth as!! Top trick of the show!

      > LaSalle Brothers - preferred the workshop - more chuckles (!)
      This was the best for me... but only because I saw their faultless dress rehearsal. It was a spooky feeling seeing that cloned perfection. Very memorable ;) shame they made a few mistakes on the real thing.

      > Jay Gilligan - Always like to see him do his stuff - particularly enjoyed the use of a balloon,
      Why does he always use stage personas with bad attitudes... leaves me cold. But 'nuf respect for techinical ability and quirky humour. Most talked about after show for good and bad reasons... provocative would be a good euphamism.

      > But for me, (getting back to the question), the best act was Luke (and Luke)with his imaginative and technically >demanding routine.
      How long did it take to work it out...ages. Brilliant!! genius and looking forward to his next creation. Juggletween contribution was good too.

      > The main reason I have chosen Luke over some other good shows is that I will remember it long after I have
      > forgotten the other routines.
      Boohoo!!! hurt feelings... SOB!! but fair enough.

      One of the best public shows in my unbiased opinion. Well done Derby Posse ;)
      Cheese, pete-cheese

      > Hairy.

    • peachi-groups
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2004