Stilt walker / giraffe unicyclist / acrobalancers wanted for bike lane publicity in Oxford

  • Peter Lister
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      As well as being a hardened juggling conventioneer and lurker on this
      list, I'm also involved in Cyclox, the Oxford Cycling campaign
      (www.cyclox.org). We're trying to persuade the County Council to put a
      proper bike lane and elevated pedestrian walkway under the Botley Road
      railway bridge in the middle of Oxford; someone came up with the bright
      idea of a stiltwalker walking along the existing footpath to make the
      point that there's adequate headroom. The fact the normal height double
      decker buses driver under it is also a bit of a giveaway.

      So - is there a stiltwalker or giraffe unicyclist, or even a pair of
      acrobalancers who could confidently and safely help us with a photo
      opportunity in central Oxford (right by the railway station) in the next
      couple of weeks? I don't think this is a paying gig, though we might be
      able to help with reasonable travelling expenses.