Re: [uk_jugglers] no fit state - immortal - review

    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 5 11:42 AM
      For the record, I am actually in favour of Arts Council Funding and I wish No Fit State Every Success.

      I should have said this earlier. I was being provocative and wanted to spark a debate. Many people sensibly chose to ignore me and sadly those that challenged me didn't defend No Fit State very well at all until Ali finally piped up.

      I said it here in house, I did not say it out there in public because I would not be such a traitor to the cause of Circus.
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 5 12:25 PM

        > For the record, I am actually in favour of Arts Council Funding
        > and I wish No Fit State Every Success.

        This is the same person who said "They make ends meet by getting large
        grants. Then they still can't quite do it. This is a serious drain on arts
        funding and they should NOT be encouraged."

        > I should have said this earlier. I was being provocative and
        > wanted to spark a debate. Many people sensibly chose to ignore
        > me and sadly those that challenged me didn't defend No Fit State
        > very well at all until Ali finally piped up.

        No, you were being plain rude. You suggested in a public forum that NFS
        survive only on grant funding (not true), fail to do shows (not true) and
        thus shouldn't be encouraged. Perhaps you should apologise.

        Charlie

        ---
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 5 2:43 PM
          Charlie.

          I did NOT suggest that NFS exist only upon state funding or that they fail to do shows.

          Perhaps you should read the posts again.

          It was rude. Tough! This is a hard business. I never suggested that they were in anyway bad or artisticly unworthy. I was pointing out that NFS do get public support. And I am not going to apologise for that.

        • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 6 4:22 AM
            --On 05 July 2004 22:43 +0100 Jonathan the Jester <j.jester@...>
            wrote:

            > I did NOT suggest that NFS exist only upon state funding or that they
            > fail to do shows.

            Calm down dear, it's only a commercial. NFS are really very good drivers.

            -Paul
            Oh, and Sweavo wants to point everyone at this:
            <http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922>
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 6 1:19 PM
              I'm calm, I was just emphasising it as Charlie seemed to be offended and I didn't want him to think that I thought that.

              However, I would rather be the hysterical stooge than Michael Winner.

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 6 1:19 PM

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 6 1:19 PM

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 6 1:19 PM

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 6 1:30 PM
                      I'm calm, I was just emphasising it as Charlie seemed to be offended and I didn't want him to think that I thought that.

                      However, I would rather be the hysterical stooge than Michael Winner.

                    • acute_angina2002
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 13 3:40 PM
                        --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan the Jester"
                        <j.jester@v...> wrote:
                        > I'm calm, I was just emphasising it as Charlie seemed to be
                        offended and I didn't want him to think that I thought that.

                        > However, I would rather be the hysterical stooge than Michael
                        Winner.

                        Man-alive! Can you not stop (filling my inbox with nonsense)?
                      • Mark
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 14 1:50 AM
                          acute_angina2002 wrote:
                          > --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan the Jester"
                          > <j.jester@v...> wrote:
                          > Man-alive! Can you not stop (filling my inbox with nonsense)?

                          I am seriously considering writing an auto-delete rule in my mail client
                          for mail from j.jester.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 14 1:36 PM
                            I am seriously considering writing an auto-delete rule in my mail client
                            for mail from j.jester.

                            Oh no you aren't.

                            You are lamely expressing your disapproval of j.jester by adding even more nonsense to everybody elses inbox. You are hoping to strengthen alliances with anybody else who is irritated by the infamous Jestercles. (Who currenty has the worlds 5th largest army guarding weapons of mass distruction. The elite repugnant guard as they are known all have the image of my backside tattooed to their forheads. They are currently recruiting and I think you might well be a candidate.)

                            Just set your mailbox to ignore me and be done with it. I will not be at all upset I promise. If I ever need to contact you urgently I will use a carrier pigeon or semaphore after first notifying your line manager in triplicate on the correctly coded forms.

                            Whoever Acute angina is invented the name and went through all the trouble of creating an account just to irritate the newsgroup protocol and grammar police.

                            I apologise for not wearing the regulation mixed wash greyish tie dyed baggy trousers while writing this, it does so annoy one when we little upstarts get the details wrong.

                            When Mini said the little things were important...... Hmmm I think you took him the wrong way. He didn't mean your inability to resist looking at me messages, he meant ME. I am the little thing and I AM VERY IMPORTANT. I've got epilets on my outfit and everything.

                            It takes milliseconds to see J.jester on the from line and ignore it. Clearly this is too much for some brains and makes it harder for them to find the ads for hard stuff or how to get a hard thing.

                            Now I think somebody said something about arguing with idiots..... I am one of those idiots.

                            Jonathan the Jester.