carrying juggling kit

  • Charlie Holland
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 7, 2004
      Iwasn't going anywhere near this totally tedious thread until Jon wrote:

      "I actually carry around a lot less equipment than I used to though - partly
      because we have a full sized coffin here at TWJC full of toys to play
      with."

      which reminded me of carrying around, in the back of a VW camper van, a
      full-size coffin full of a giraffe unicycle and all our props for 'the death
      of the world's greatest juggler' sketch (which it would seem timely to
      resurrect given the unfortunate demise of Francis Brunn and the demise of
      Ronald Reagan).

      We always got an interesting reaction when overtaking hearses (on our way to
      rehearsals). So there you have it, if you want to lug around juggling kit
      and a giraffe you can't beat a camper-van and a coffin. (plus you can get
      the customised bumper sticker: 'Don't come a-knocking if this vans a-coffin'

      If you're still reading this drivel, don't blame me - it wasn't my idea to
      start this thread.
    • Naomi Sajeri
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 7, 2004
        Juffle bag: no idea:

        There used to be, when I was very young, duffle bags, which had a
        drawstring at the top which became a double string to hang it on your
        shoulder. Used to carry my judo suit in one when I was about ten. But
        looking on the net the definition/design appears to have changed completely.
        Yes they still exist but look nothing like they used to. Sounds like
        juffle is now similar to what the old duffle was. My old duffle would have
        easily held 6 clubs plus plus plus. Would have needed a strap rather than
        the string to distribute the weight though.

        Naomi

        Honest: I have a perfect hourglass figure: head full of sand and bottom
        getting heavier by the minute.

        ----Original Message Follows----
        From: "Colin Gilchrist" <juggling@...>

        What's a juffle bag when it's at home? Google denies all knowledge. Is
        it just a top-opening drawstring style bag?

        Cheers,
        Colin

      • acute_angina2002
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
          > but I'd still like extra space for water bottles, etc.

          etc = a spare T-shirt?

          How will you ever be a good juggler without a spare T-shirt?
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
            In your last message, you said:

            > etc = a spare T-shirt?
            >
            > How will you ever be a good juggler without a spare T-shirt?

            See Charlie?? Hang around long enough and even the totally tedious threads
            become subject to tangental weirdness...

            ...Or maybe this was an attempt to lure us into slandering whichever "good"
            juggler on the grounds of their pungency...

            ... However, the smelliest juggler I can think of isn't all that good, so
            perhaps there is a point... The _second_ smelliest tho.....

            Hang on, it's just occured to me that the "good" here might actually be a
            moral term, which'd make the whole thing even odder...

            N.
            "I'd rather be a perky sort of evil "
          • FAK
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
              > Size is definitely the key factor in a prop bag. My current bag
              packs
              > in every piece of kit I need very efficiently into a very small
              space,

              Me too, but then the amount of kit I need fits in my pocket :)
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
                I find that my Ford Transit holds almost all of my kit if I attach a trailer. And it saves me a lot of train fares too.
                > Size is definitely the key factor in a prop bag. My current bag
                packs
                > in every piece of kit I need very efficiently into a very small
                space,

                Me too, but then the amount of kit I need fits in my pocket :)

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 9, 2004
                  "I'd rather be a perky sort of evil." ?

                  Oh that's all right, as long as the bastard that ruined my life was perky, I can live with that. I'd rather you were a perky and interesting kind of good. A much tougher and more difficult prospect. But it can be done. Hey look at me... I'm almost perfect, and if I wasn't so damned conceited I would be.