Re: carrying juggling kit

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 7, 2004
      --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, Nigel <n.schaay@v...> wrote:
      > In your last message, you said:
      >
      > > Yes it is. http://www.eclipse.co.uk/pens/beard/hats.html no
      picture though.
      > That's cos it fell apart on the way to the photoshoot... ;-)

      My juffle bag lasted 7 years of over stuffing. I only replaced it late
      last year after the tear in the fabric got big enough for me to remove
      a club through it. I also broke the drawstring but other than that I
      thought it lasted pretty well.

      I now have a nx gen adult pro:go professional pogo stick bag which
      fits 5 clubs, 8 balls (probably more), my devilstick & diabolo
      handsticks & 2 diabolos cunningly attached to the outside. No room for
      a devilstick yet though - I'm still looking for the bits needed to
      create the special holder I have in mind.

      Size is definitely the key factor in a prop bag. My current bag packs
      in every piece of kit I need very efficiently into a very small space,
      but I'd still like extra space for water bottles, etc. I actually
      carry around a lot less equipment than I used to though - partly
      because we have a full sized coffin here at TWJC full of toys to play
      with.

      --
      Jon
      Tunbridge Wells Juggling Club:
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 7, 2004
        Iwasn't going anywhere near this totally tedious thread until Jon wrote:

        "I actually carry around a lot less equipment than I used to though - partly
        because we have a full sized coffin here at TWJC full of toys to play
        with."

        which reminded me of carrying around, in the back of a VW camper van, a
        full-size coffin full of a giraffe unicycle and all our props for 'the death
        of the world's greatest juggler' sketch (which it would seem timely to
        resurrect given the unfortunate demise of Francis Brunn and the demise of
        Ronald Reagan).

        We always got an interesting reaction when overtaking hearses (on our way to
        rehearsals). So there you have it, if you want to lug around juggling kit
        and a giraffe you can't beat a camper-van and a coffin. (plus you can get
        the customised bumper sticker: 'Don't come a-knocking if this vans a-coffin'

        If you're still reading this drivel, don't blame me - it wasn't my idea to
        start this thread.
      • Naomi Sajeri
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 7, 2004
          Juffle bag: no idea:

          There used to be, when I was very young, duffle bags, which had a
          drawstring at the top which became a double string to hang it on your
          shoulder. Used to carry my judo suit in one when I was about ten. But
          looking on the net the definition/design appears to have changed completely.
          Yes they still exist but look nothing like they used to. Sounds like
          juffle is now similar to what the old duffle was. My old duffle would have
          easily held 6 clubs plus plus plus. Would have needed a strap rather than
          the string to distribute the weight though.

          Naomi

          Honest: I have a perfect hourglass figure: head full of sand and bottom
          getting heavier by the minute.

          ----Original Message Follows----
          From: "Colin Gilchrist" <juggling@...>

          What's a juffle bag when it's at home? Google denies all knowledge. Is
          it just a top-opening drawstring style bag?

          Cheers,
          Colin

        • acute_angina2002
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
            > but I'd still like extra space for water bottles, etc.

            etc = a spare T-shirt?

            How will you ever be a good juggler without a spare T-shirt?
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
              In your last message, you said:

              > etc = a spare T-shirt?
              >
              > How will you ever be a good juggler without a spare T-shirt?

              See Charlie?? Hang around long enough and even the totally tedious threads
              become subject to tangental weirdness...

              ...Or maybe this was an attempt to lure us into slandering whichever "good"
              juggler on the grounds of their pungency...

              ... However, the smelliest juggler I can think of isn't all that good, so
              perhaps there is a point... The _second_ smelliest tho.....

              Hang on, it's just occured to me that the "good" here might actually be a
              moral term, which'd make the whole thing even odder...

              N.
              "I'd rather be a perky sort of evil "
            • FAK
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
                > Size is definitely the key factor in a prop bag. My current bag
                packs
                > in every piece of kit I need very efficiently into a very small
                space,

                Me too, but then the amount of kit I need fits in my pocket :)
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 8, 2004
                  I find that my Ford Transit holds almost all of my kit if I attach a trailer. And it saves me a lot of train fares too.
                  > Size is definitely the key factor in a prop bag. My current bag
                  packs
                  > in every piece of kit I need very efficiently into a very small
                  space,

                  Me too, but then the amount of kit I need fits in my pocket :)

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 9, 2004
                    "I'd rather be a perky sort of evil." ?

                    Oh that's all right, as long as the bastard that ruined my life was perky, I can live with that. I'd rather you were a perky and interesting kind of good. A much tougher and more difficult prospect. But it can be done. Hey look at me... I'm almost perfect, and if I wasn't so damned conceited I would be.